Your fave gigs

Ha! what irony. Iced Earth are from not far from here, and I've never seen them. On the other hand, I've seen Opeth 3 times... would've been 4, but they had to cancel the first 4 stops on the last european tour... I would've made one of the Belgium stops as I was there on vacation. :)

But that first Opeth gig, at the Milwaukee Metalfest, was just amazing. Wow.

Fav gigs : (did not go to many :( )

Iced Earth (June 2002)
Dream Theater/Pain of salvation (February 2002)
Nightwish / Sinergy / Eternal Tears of Sorrow (2000)
Stratovarious (forget the opening of Rhapsody) (2000)
Tristania/Rotting Christ/Vintersorg <= wonderful gig !! (October 2001)
Opeth / Katatonia (November 2002)
Edguy (1999)
Symphony X (2001)
Demons and Wizards (June 2000)

All here in Paris

Sick of it all 1999
Rammstein 2001

Wacken 2001

the killers!
-Vintersorg
-Nevermore
-Opeth
-In Flames
-Haunted

also enjoyed these very much!
-Therion
-Annihilator
-Artch
-Dimmuborgir
-motorhead
-sodom

and...
Iced earth 14 feb. 2002!!

hope Sentenced and Borknagar will play at WOA this summer!

Ok... Time for the second one: the Dark Tranquillity/In Flames gig in at Musikens Hus in Gothenburg 1997!

Well... I´ll try to take you back to 1997.

Me and my friend Mattias just recently ( 1 1/2 years ago ) heard in Flames for the first time. We where stunned and fell in love with the music, eventhough we had a hard time liking the vocals (we´ve been listening to power metal bands all the time) Well, anyway, we owned sub. TRJ and Whoracle, and we where quite exited about this gig! just a month earlier we had started to look up D.T., which meant we had heard songs like "punish my heaven" Zodijackyl light", "Insanity´s cresendo" and "Hedon".

Anyways. DT was the first band to hit the stage (of the two of them, I don´t remember which bands where before them...) I went stright into the first row in a headbanging frenzy, and when I was there I got amazed. Simply stunned my the force. I was overwhelmed, and I got those "live shivers" ... I remember the songs I knew, which is the ones above + some more songs from "the Minds I". Woa! this was great. That was all I had in mind, "this i great, and I´ll have to buy all their albums!"

But the fun just started.
I was foremost a In Flames fan.
IF entered the stage. And they blew me away, constantly. It was like beeing ran over by a bulldozer. I don´t know how to describe the feelings I had. But it was the most brutal and intense consert I have ever been to. And I´ve actually been to quite a few (read many), standing in the front row in all of em. This beats them all.
Total frenzy.

Then IT happend.

I suddenly heard Anders Fridén say something like "det står en rödtott där nere som vi gärna vill ha upp på scen", translates into something like "there is a carrot top down there who we would like to have up here on the stage".
Whom they where refering to? Well... Mikael Stanne!
They performed Shadow Duet.
I´ve seen it live.
It knocked the shit out of _everything_ I have ever seen, and everything I am ever going to see.
No words can describe it.

I still get shivers when thinking about it...

Well, next one will come...soon..:D

-phyros ( happy if some of you read it..:) )

one of the best gigs I have been to was Dimmu Borgir opening for Samael. Samael were brilliant and they had this (Jupiterian) vibe for the gig. amazing

another one was in flames. that one was really good and all the guys from IF were really nice to the audience and came back like 3 times and shaked hands with the audience

cannibal corpse was unbeleivable too.the same as in flames

dark tranquillity in october 2000 was beautiful.I was overwhelmed with their show.and someone threw a mexican flag and Mikael was wearing it like a cloak and in the end somebody threw a swedish flag and he got really happy.

last but not least: Iron Maiden january 9th 2001.
call me a pansy if you want to but I almost cried with that concert
the best concert I have been too

one year later I went to see the haunted,to die for,witchery and behemoth all in the same gig. great.
and immortal in march 2000 I think.also another great concert

I just went to the New England Metalfest in Boston....absolutely amazing show. Saw Soilwork, Arch Enemy, Nile, Mastodon, Burnt By The Sun, lots of incredible bands, lots of incredible pictures from it (I'll post a link to my story here if my frizzled little brain can remember to)..

But best of all, since I'd been saving like a madman for 3 months leading up to the show, I had tons of $$$ to blow on super-cheap CDs. Ended up with (I believe) 80 albums total....absolutely insane...had to purchase another whole bag to tote the CDs back in.....then I had to sleep overnight in Dallas airport and blahblahblah.....not the best ending, but still...definitely my best gig I would have to say :D

I have to disagree with Melachonlia and Soulburner about IE
Matt Barlow is a very good singer,in my humble opinion, and the previous ones were fu**ing terrible
I bought all their cd's and when I heard Dark Genesis came out I was very excited because I thought they would re record night of the stormrider,iced earth and enter the realm with matt's voice
but I almost puked when I listened to them and it had the other horrible voice
so in few words
Iced Earth are amazing and I can't wait any longer to see them live

I'll have to side with the non-Iced Earth people here...

...most worthless band in metal if I don't mind being too blunt (no I really don't! :lol:)...and Matthew Barlow annoys the living poo out of me. One of the few bands I would truly like to see forever laid to rest...along with Children of Bo(re)dom and Sinergy...

But I'm bitter like that I guess :-\

I agree with the CoB and Sinergy thing, mostly because I hate Alexei, but I will have to disagree on the Iced earth thing.
After the magnificent At the Gates(if someone says they suck I am gonna start the ass kicking) they are one of the best bands I have heard.