When was the first time....

R

RicknRoll

Would like to hear from anybody about the first time they saw the boys in concert.
The first time I saw them kick serious ass! was a triple bill with Iron Maiden and Fastway, It was
on the Power and the Glory tour. I bought a t-shirt but unfourunately I out grew it, I was a little
smaller back then....

First time was the Destiny tour. Brooklyn, NY
Hurricane opened.
Just a few hundred at L'amour.

Second time was Unleashed tour in 1998.
Old Bridge, NJ.
Same few hundred at the Birch Hill night club.

The first time I saw Saxon was in January/February 1982 on the Denim and Leather Tour. They openned for Molly Hatchet in my hometown of Quincy Illinois. Saxon absolutely killed Hatchet that night. I've been a diehard fan ever since.

although ive been into them for years i was relatively a newcomer gigwise, the first gig was on the Unleash tour at the Wulfrun hall in Wolverhampton, I went away kicking myself as to what i had been missing all those years!

Same here with Maiden/Fastway at the Cowplace in S.F. CA. U.S.A. WOW what a show!! Still one of the gr8est nights of KICKASS METAL I've seen! SAXON FUCKIN' ROCKS! METL

Even if I'm a die-hard Saxon fan since 1990 I managed to catch them live for the first time during the Unleash Tour in 1997 in Cremona, northof Italy. It was an outdoor bikers festival

Matteo

My first Saxon gig was at The Warehouse in Plymouth on the 10th Aniversary Tour in 1990. I was blown away as it was a great gig and at last I got to see the band.
I managed to meet them all that day got my Rock N Roll Gypsies LP signed. I also watched the soundcheck and they ran though Frozen Rainbow, Never Surrender and Rush's, Spirit of Radio.

Even though I've been a diehard fan since Denim and Leather came out, I only finally had the chance to see Saxon live for the first time on the Metalhead tour in Madison, WI. A small but enthusiastic crowd witnessed the Power and Glory of Saxon!

What a fantastic show!

Long live Saxon!

my first saxon concert was
1 sept 1985 at the sheffield city hall
2 oct 1986 at apollo manchester
3 oct 1986 at sheffield city hall
4 oct 1986 hull city hall
5 may 1988 apollo manchester
6 may 1988 sheffield city hall
7 march 1990 irish centre leeds
8 may 1990 leisure world bridlington
9 september 1991 redcar bowl
10 september 1992 sheffield city hall
11 cant rem date davenport stockport
12 june 1993 grand opera house york
13 theatre royal lincoln
14 june 1993 i think redcar bowl
15 1995 cant rem date and venue
16 tunbridge wells
17 june 1998 sheffield corporation
18 may 2000 london astoria 2
19 oct mean fiddler killing ground tour
20 and most resent one saxon with priest at brixton

During the Denim&Leather tour opening up for Triumph in Miami,Fla.They blew Triumph off the stage people around us were baffled at what the few fans that were there with their banners and banging their heads like maniacs i was so tired after that i just sat down for Triumph it was a show i will never forget.

Endless Funeral

Unfortunately, I've only seen them once in Atlanta on the Unleash The Beast tour, but that show kicked so much butt!! I was to see them again on the MetalHead tour, but had a car problem that day & couldn't get there. I was so bummed that I just stayed in my house all day in as much darkness as possible. These guys don't get to America often so it was a big disappointment. I do plan to see the show at Jaxx though this time if at all possible!!

First time was donnington 1980 - went to see rainbow, but was blown away.

Saw them about 40 times between then and the Destiny tour including a couple of trips to Holland with the fan club.

Best night was in Amsterdam, first time 'And the bands played on' was played live - Biff even dedicated it to the people on the trip.

Saw them again a bit more recently in Worthing - still rocking with best.

The first (and only) time I saw the mighty Saxon was in the infamous Trillians METAL bar in Newcastle, back in 1999.

The scene was set.

Denim was clad.

Leather was donned.

Hair was mulleted,

Fist was clenched!

I was about to salute the GODS OF ROCK!

I snapped my neck and air-guitared till my imaginery fingers bled (and my strings snapped).

for all these (3) years since I have cherished that moment more than my first wank.

That was until 10 minutes ago until my mate Eamon Gnomes pointed out the band that I had seen was in fact Saxon featuring Graham Oliver and Steven Dawson...

BASTARDS!

Niiiiccceeee...... NICE!