When was the first time you saw Nevermore live?

ms. anthrope said:
actually nevermore played with flots and jets at the cactus club - it was before DNB. and i was at the cocodrie in SF, too! that was when DNB just came out. james murphy showed up. i think they were on tour w/ iced earth...? you weren't taking pics, tho... i would have remembered you!!!
yeh i heard about this show like a week later. i was sad.

ms. anthrope said:
actually nevermore played with flots and jets at the cactus club - it was before DNB. and i was at the cocodrie in SF, too! that was when DNB just came out. james murphy showed up. i think they were on tour w/ iced earth...? you weren't taking pics, tho... i would have remembered you!!!

That's right it was Iced Earth. I saw them with Flotsam at the Whisky in Hollywood too. Too many shows!!!!!!!!!!!!

first time i saw NM was back in april of this year with chimaira, arch enemy and hate eternal too. i got to meet jeff and steve. they were really awesome people to meet and they put on an amazing show. i wish they played longer though

Nightshade said:
I forget the name of the guitars. Lead singer was Tommy Law, and yeah, it's power metal. All three of the bands had singers with ranges similar to WD, but with different styles. Rottweiler and Villian played together a bunch and the singers used to wander up to the stage, each while the other's band was playing, and randomly do each other's harmonies -- hence the memory. It was f*cking awesome.
My former guitar teacher was in a band called Villain..im sure its the same one..cool stuff!

The first Nevermore show for me was the POE tour. The funniest thing that happen was after the show. Warrel passed out on the fender of the u-haul. When they began to move it, he fell off and was run over by it. He was ok, just very very drunk!!!

My first time seeing Sanctuary was when they opend for Megedeth...the I saw them open for Fates Warning 2 years later. The Metal Gods were smiling that day :headbang:

PoE tour, opening for Flotsam IIRC. Tim had just joined, which completely flipped me out since I'm one of the world's biggest Forbidden fans.

I saw Sactuary 5-6 times, starting with the tour w/Megadeth and Warlock...

Seventh Rising said:
My first time seeing Sanctuary was when they opend for Megedeth...the I saw them open for Fates Warning 2 years later. The Metal Gods were smiling that day :headbang:

Saw that same tour here in DC at the old 930. Opening with "Eden Lies Obscured" was always an interesting choice to me...

Saw 'em for the first time in Houston off of Dreaming Neon Black when they opened for Iced Earth, along with Destiny's End. Best part, didn't pay a thing because my friend is James Rivera's cousin!