Where were you when you first listened to Nevermore?

jimbobhickville

Tyrant in Distress
If you talk to people who were alive at the time, they invariably can remember where they were and what they were doing when they heard that JFK was shot. While obviously not in the same realm as that event, I wonder how many of us can remember where we were and what we were doing when we first listened to Nevermore.

Here's my story:
I previewed some of the songs online and ordered the S/T CD. I put it in my car CD player on the way to Media Play and got my first real taste of the musical genius that is Nevermore. My initial reactions were somewhat reserved, as they usually are, but once I let it sink in, I was hooked. I bought PoE and DNB very soon thereafter.

How 'bout y'all?

(Trapped, I hope this helps stir up some conversation. If not, then at least I tried :lol: )

heard em first when I was on my way to their show, well Iced Earth Nevermore and Destiny's End show to be exact. Saw them live and didn't know what to make of it fucking chaos you know hahaha, then eventually became my fav

i was at this hippie festival in ohio called hookahville.
i was under the influence of beer, laughing gas and three
pills of ECSTASY! ironically enough, the song i heard was "politics of ecstasy" a friend of mine had burnt it from
napster. of couse, all the pussy ass hippies were pissed that i was playing loud metal in the middle of the night!

but napster, instead of killing their sales helped when i went out the next day and bought some of their albums....then everyone i had listen to nevermore went out and bought their own nevermore cds.

so.....to sue napster like the metallifags is to bite the hand that feeds! also.....techno and hippie music sound good when youre on drugs, but nevermore sounds awesome either way!

hahaah, talking about SANTUARY, when my metal collogues brought out NEVERMORE at 1am or 2am not quite sure, I was thrilled here was tomorrow knows as a santuary song, and the rest of the cd, as progressive and refreshing than what as happening in the power metal scene of USA!!!

BUT SOMEHOW I DIDN'T THINK THEY WERE ITO COCAINE OR LSD SOMEHOW..

THEY WERE ON SOME OTHER PLANE/LEVEL...

CYA'S A;LL

check out WAYNE HE IS bringing it all back

I first heard Nevermore whilst sitting right in this chair. Insignificant was the song. Fuckin' rocked me.

Pfft, and bands knock mp3s. If it weren't for mp3s I wouldn't have found out about Nevermore, Children Of Bodom, In Flames, Stormhammer etc and would have never bought their albums.

Angel

hehe...it was on a saturday-afternoon. i just went to a nearby city (a bit shopping, you know). then i went to "my" cd-store and checked some cd's. then i saw DHIDW and just gave it try. the guy from the store put it into the cd-player and i was into nevermore :)

sounds like your little soul was taken...
away for good...

Well, i guess it would be about 5 years ogo now in the late days of 1996, i heard their cover of love bites on the judas priest tribute and was totally blown away. the next day i went out and picked up the s/t album and the newly released PoE... been a fan ever since, even if i had dissappeared from the board for a year or so.

First time was in 1994 at Seattle's pain in the grass. "Sanctuary is.........Nevermore!" they weren't even signed to Century Media yet and played as a four piece with a different drummer. They had a couple of rocker chicks sing the chorus on Garden of Gray and did some old fav's like Battle Angels, and Taste Revenge. Anyhooo,
didn't see them again until Van was with them and they opened up for Death a year later.

Warrel is a metal god!!

i was at my friend Robb's, he had just bought a cd called ' The Hard and the Heavy ' and it had Nevermore on it. the name was very familier because i had heard it said on the Iron Maiden BB ( this was last year btw ) and so i gave that song ( I Am the Dog ) a listen and LOVED it from the opening riff. got DNB not even a week later.

Heh, I'm not sure if I'm suitable to answer this since I first heard Nevermore just a few weeks ago. I was sitting in this same chair as I'm sitting right now in my room and the song was The Sanity Assassin. And fuck yeah, it Kicks ass!!! :headbang: