How did you get into Nevermore?

I remember when I used to read metal-reviews constantly...that may actually be the reason I downloaded anything by Nevermore...

When Enemies of Reality came out there were a bunch of threads about it on the Megadeth board so I asked someone what songs to check out. I downloaded Seed Awakening and the title track and was hooked on Nevermore before Seed Awakening finished playing.

well... Will being the Nevermore addict that he is... pushed Nevermore in my direction when i joined his band... about... around 3 years ago... he sent me all the cds, and the enemies of reality bootleg... well, i hated the vocals at first, to be completely honest... it wasn't something i was used to... i didn't like many of the songs... i remember telling him that Who Decides and The River Dragon has Come grew on me... and then The Passenger grew on me... and i then bought DNB at Best Buy. So like.. i also hated the vocals on Beyond Within... and i didn't listen to the cd much... but this was around the time i had follow up appointments for my back surgery... so i took that in my cd player... and forced myself to listen to the cd. I then bought every cd... but my fav changes at all times... right now I stray away from DNB for the most part... and TGE is my fav haha. but that's my story.

Many years ago I picked up the Century Media Judas Priest tribute - PRIEST RULES!! - and was very impressed with "Love Bites". Something about the singer's voice was very familiar. I did a little research and discovered the Nevermore/Sanctuary connection. I had been a mild fan of Sanctuary via the Mustaine connection - Megadeth was my life in high school! - and so was determined to find a Nevermore album. After searching for a while I found a copy of PoE and was shocked at how good it was. Not more than 6 weeks later Nev. played a gig here in Richmond at a shitty little dive downtown called Twisters - now Nancy Raygun - in front of at most 30 people! They blew the fucking roof off the joint and I've been a huge fan ever since. Also, DNB is one of the 10 greatest albums ever in any genre!

Long Live Nevermore!

I heard Poison Godmachine on Century Media's Identity Five a few years ago, and at that time I was listening to almost nothing but death metal, so I thought, "what the hell is this?" I was quite intrigued, since it was just very off the wall but somehow more intense than any death band I was listening to. I then picked up Enemies of Reality sort of randomly, and started listening to it almost every day on the way to school. I remember it was winter, and they were the cold and rainy types of days. I'll still go back and listen to EoR whenever one of those days comes around.

I heard a few more songs on Metal for the Masses 2, with its "150+ MP3s," or whatever it was billed as, but it wasn't until I bought This Godless Endeavor that I new I had found MY band. I saw them on Gigantour, where the only other bands that competed with them that day were Symphony X and Megadeth.

After that, I began rounding up all their albums, as well as Sanctuary's, first by downloading, but then by purchasing when I could actually find them. The only Nevermore album I don't own an actual copy of now is the S/T.

Time to date myself. Thinking back to '87 when I was working construction and had my stereo blazing KNAC(LA metal radio station back then) out of the back of my car when I heard the beginning of White Rabbit. I was thinking I know this song, but it sounds different. The the heaviness came in and the solo ripped out. I was like, hell yea. Then Warrel belted out his screams and started singing. It was all over then I had to find out who this was. At the end, after Warrel stated "She's Dead" the DJ anounced that it was Sanctuary. On my way home I picked up the cassett, yea cassett, and blazed it all the way home. Then I seen them open for Megadeth. Of course I picked up Into the Mirror Black and loved it as well. All my friends were into them as well. Again I saw them open for Megadeth and then seen them play with Forbidden and the next night with Fates Warning.

It was a sad day when I heard they split. I had heard rumors of Warrel and Jim starting another band, but didn't get the name. I seen a flyer for a band playing at a local LA club called NEVERMORE. I thought, that has to be WD's new band. I went and I was right. And I have been a fanboy ever since.

I got the S/T on tape (LOL) in 1999 or 2000, wasn't paying too much attention to it, but then, ... I don't know. love happened.

Glenn got Evolution 169 by accident, thought it was odd, played it for me. I ventured further in after that.

I also got into them by downloading tracks off of the CM website. Man, I used to spend ages downloading tracks off of labels websites, and also the old mp3.com, back when it was actually good. I got hooked on so many bands that way.

My friends older brother played DNB for me when were on a ski trip about 7-8 years ago, Thought it was weird and cool at first, listened to the CD for awhile then kinda forgot about it. Some time later I bought Dead Heart the day it came out, and it was an addiction from then on out.