How did you get into Nevermore?

about 4-5 years ago Will kept praising them and telling me I should listen to them but I was just like "yeah, whatever" Around that time I had bought my Playstation 2 at Best Buy and it came with a package of some shit, I think it had a remote, the Matrix DVD and that "The Hard and the Heavy" compilation CD. And I was listening to it in the Cadillac, and they had "I am the Dog" on there and without even realizing it I was like "WOW who was that?" and I look at the case and I saw "Nevermore" and was like HOLY SHIT, so I go into school the next day and was like "OMG WILL I HEARD NEVERMORE AND THEY FUCKING RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111"

One friend of mine gave me DNB because she didn't like it, but i liked it a lot so i went and got the rest of their albums

I saw ads for Sanctuary's "Refuge Denied" in Metal mags --> Purchased "Refuge Denied" (translation: cursed to be a fan for life) --> Sanctuary broke up but I read about some of the members that were going to form Nevermore --> purchased the Nevermore debut (translation: cursed to be a fan for life).

The End.

I heard Sanctuary's "Battle Angels" on a local radio show back in '88, bought RD, bought ItMB when it came out, and saw the band 5-6 times. I read a blurb in one of the mags (I can't remember for sure, but I think it was Metal Maniacs) about how Nevermore (featuring ex-Sanctuary members) had recently signed to Century Media, and I bought the first disc when it came out. It's all downhill from there.

NeonBlack69 said:
Many years ago I picked up the Century Media Judas Priest tribute - PRIEST RULES!! - and was very impressed with "Love Bites". Something about the singer's voice was very familiar. I did a little research and discovered the Nevermore/Sanctuary connection. I had been a mild fan of Sanctuary via the Mustaine connection - Megadeth was my life in high school! - and so was determined to find a Nevermore album. After searching for a while I found a copy of PoE and was shocked at how good it was. Not more than 6 weeks later Nev. played a gig here in Richmond at a shitty little dive downtown called Twisters - now Nancy Raygun - in front of at most 30 people! They blew the fucking roof off the joint and I've been a huge fan ever since. Also, DNB is one of the 10 greatest albums ever in any genre!

Long Live Nevermore!

Close to the same story here, I heard the Priest tribute and about fell out of my chair. Bought PoE the next day, I must have listened to that thing 25 times the first day. Have seen NM 7 times since then and of current metal bands they rank #1 (with Testament very close 2nd).

I was into Leary and Alex Grey when I was younger (still am). Heavy music was always my thing so the leap from Leary and his "politics..." to nevermore seemed like a good one.

When I snuck into Division - around late summer 2003 - Mike took it upon himself to free me from my limited tastes in metal by giving me samples from various underground classic and powermetal bands. It was either meant to be a deprogramming, or a brainwashing.

Nevermore was one of the bands that he pushed with enthusiasm. It didn't take long to figure out why. My first two years in the band was a major reprogramming, now that I reflect... which is pretty cool and has actually had a major influence on how I play.

okay ... hahaha back in 1995 when i was a little gurl (10 years)... my parents took me in my summer holidays and we drove to "fürth" in germany ... which was my first nm-concert at all ... i knew the sanctuary albums and the s/titled and of course in memory ...

mum and dad knew warrel from former sanctuary concerts ... but i saw them for the first time ... hahaha and when i saw jeff i was like wooohoooo ;) hahahaha (wanna see??) hahaha i fell in love for the first time :D since then i got hooked on blondes hahaha ;D

th_nevermoreDiv-08.jpg
th_nevermoreDiv-04.jpg
th_nevermoreDiv-02.jpg
th_nevermoreSalzburg10042003-1.jpg
th_nevermoreRh2003-16.jpg

;) i have my own chronic of nevermore on http://www.nevermore.tv/gallery/hessl/
haha u can watch me grow :D :lol: :lol:

well we went on, on tour with em ... and drove a whole month through germany switzerland and austria ... (i dunno remember a concert we have not seen :D hahaha)

I first heard Sanctuary when I was in high school. I was in a band & we had a horrible time finding a singer. Our bass player used to live in Texas & had a good friend that had a GREAT voice but still lived in Texas. After months of begging he finally moved out here (California). He brought a bunch of cassettes of bands I’d never heard of, Sanctuary – Refuge Denied being one of them. I listened to it & thought it was cool. A few more months down the road I heard that Fates Warning / Sanctuary were playing at a club called Jezebel’s in Anaheim. Sanctuary took the stage & I was COMPLETELY blown away. The next day I went out & bought Refuge & Into the Mirror Black. I’ve been a loyal follower ever since.

i was in FYE looking for some new bands to listen to. so i was going through a bunch of stuff listening 30 second samples and here and there when i came across Nevermore. at the time i was looking only at the prices on things as i was very short on cash. so the cheapest NM was EoR (long before the remix which is the only thing that im missing). i listened to a few samples and I, Voyager and the title track caught my ear. so i purchased it and was very pleased with my findings and continued to buy every album

Will Bozarth said:
So, how did you become a fan?

:loco:

Some guy from Jersey brought up my name on the NM board...been a lurker ever since. ;)

As far as being a fan, hmmmm... it's more like a long lost relative thing.
Seeing that the singer had been in my band you always kinda wonder how they'll do.
NM was playing in the lounge of a Chinese Restaurant under the title of "Sanctuary is Nevermore" as four members. The songs were on par but the live sound was thin and lacking and Loomis did NOT impress me...THEN. Warrel was packing a bottle the whole night and resembled a drunk freshman at a weekend party...Got to admit I thought that was the end of the road and a bit bummed for them. It's nice to see they hung in, polished up are keeping the machine going.

OH!...and Nightshade came to that show as well. :)