the first kind of music you listened to

U

Unregistered

-or were forced to listen to-and if it made you into the heavy metal fan you are today...
Me,the first music that I remember listening to was probobly my dad's oldies music;he was into Elvis Presley,Frank Sinatra,Roy Orbison,etc.My mom played guitar alot and she played Chet Atkins occasionally.When I was in the car w/her she just listened to pop and rap radio stations.My parents-surprisingly-didn't listen to any type of Christian or gospel music ever,unless it was Elvis gospel music.When I discovered my own music,it wasn't metal,sadly-this was when I was still in a Catholic school.I was into the kind of stuff that everyone else was into-BSB,Hanson,Spice Girls.Then when I went into public school,all of that Spanish pop music was really big.I also started to watch MTV and after a while I discovered Korn and Godsmack and Limp Bizkit.My first hard rock cd was Kid Rock,Devil w/out a Cause.And I got cds by Korn,Bizkit,Godsmack,Metallica,RATM and NIN.And that led to my shunning of mainstream music and my alienation at school because no other girls listened to that kind of music.I began to blare cds by Metallica,NIN,Godsmack and Korn as a retaliation against a neighbor across the street who played Nelly and Linkin Park and also against my dad when he had his Roy Orbison music playing too loud.I explain to most of my friends who "just don't get it" that I'm into heavy metal becuse I'm rebelling against my dad who is always playing Frank Sinatra.
There's my long,drawn-out story that no one really cared to hear,so,what are your stories?

HELP ME!My dad is playing Frank Sinatra!MUST...PLAY...NEVERMORE...
there...wonderful...
worship nevermore...worship nevermore...worship nevermore...worship nevermore...worship nevermore...

Uh... Okay... You're an odd person...

As for me, the first music I listened to was Grunge/Alternative rock, and it's still probably my favorite kind. Smashing Pumpkins, Nirvana, Bush, Marilyn Manson, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Green Day, etc.

hmmm, If I'd go back a long time ago...dunno..even when I was a little kid I listened to rock'n roll, 60's music, 80's pop/new wave (what would you do with an older brother?), accordion stuff when my dad put up the radio on sundays, and when I was about 6yrs, I remember loving Europe's The final countdown very much!oh and at about 10 New Beat...haha It was very popular around here, it was given birth here too...Tecnotronic, The Confettis...:D
got into metal at 14. Metallica's One changed my life...and then I got back to Europe haha way too heavy

when I was a little kid I'd sit around and watch hair band vids with my uncle..

Def Leppard was the shit! :headbang:

Originally posted by thebleakaffinity
Uh... Okay... You're an odd person...

As for me, the first music I listened to was Grunge/Alternative rock, and it's still probably my favorite kind. Smashing Pumpkins, Nirvana, Bush, Marilyn Manson, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Green Day, etc.
Why am I an odd person?That was the music that my parents always had on...and still do.But always having to listen to Elvis and Frank Sinatra helped me to become the rabid heavy metal fan that I am today,IMO.Most of the ppl here think it's amazing that I'm only 14 and am into Nevermore and other heavy metal,well I think that this had alot to do with that.I wasn't as fortunate as all of you others who were listening to hair metal and alternative rock when you were little ones.
Oh wait,am I an odd person,bleakaffinaty,because I wrote worship nevermore 5 times?Is that it?

The 14 year old thing doesn't amaze me much... I've been listening to Nevermore since I was 13... But it is pretty easy to tell yhat you are a 14 year old girl, you seem to obsess over Nevermore like you would a boy band.

How exactly do I obsess over Nevermore?Hey,at least I picked a good band to obsess over:lol:.There are other ppl who are far more obsessed with bands like Slipknot.It seems like you just enjoy picking fights with me,don't you,bleakaffinity?

KISS
DEEP PURPLE
SLADE

i was 10, THEY MADE ME METAL

the others were
SANTANA
ELTON JOHN
DAVID ESSEX
FLEETWOOD MAC
KATE BUSH

well going way back there was MC Hammer! fuck yeah, can't touch this, 2 legit, that was the shit. But the first music i really go into was grunge, Pearl Jam/ Nirvana/ AIC/ Soundgarden, I liked green day and Bush too. But the first CD i ever actually owned was Metallica's Kill 'em All but i didn't like it at first. It wasn't until about 7th grade that i got into it and thus heavy metal in general. I didn't get into the underground though (Nevemore, etc..) until my junior year of high school when my freind bought an IE cd. Then I did, and Identity Five Century Media Sampler then which had BG and nevermore on it. Been hooked ever since :D

Same here
:cool:

Oh yeah, I enjoy picking fights with you, over the internet. Woohoo, sounds like a good time.

Don't flatter yourself.
Well then you can just stop saying that I am an odd person and I resemble a boy band fanatic...and you haven't even explained why you said either one of those things.