The first time you listened to death metal

My first death metal band was Cannibal Corpse and grewed to loved them and..what was my second one? Maybe Deicide. Same with ffanatic I never liked them. Then started to listen to a lot of others like Morbid Angel later and I find that I like different types of death metal like doom metal, death-grind metal but I find myself liking traditional death metal (Obituary, Morbid Angel, and Death) the best. Yeah, I like In Flames and Soilwork and melodic death metal too but I prefer the straight forward aggression of good old traditional death metal. I haven't been listening to death metal as long as some of you, probably around 2.5 years.
In conclusion, long live death metal. :headbang:

I bought POSSESSED - Seven Churches ... pretty much right after it was released in 1985.

The record was sitting there on the shelf of a major record store for $5.99, with the black cover and big upside down cross on the cover ... and the band pics on the back cover ... OH MY FUCKING GOD!

I was literally afraid to play the damn thing ... it was something I never heard before ... that was almost 20 years ago!

My first Death Metal experience? Wah, let me see... With those semi-Death Metal bands like Sepultura or Slayer left aside, it was Morbid Angel's Altars Of Madness which got me into this kind of music. It totally took me by surprise. Like a 40 ton tank going right over me! I also can remember that a friend of mine played something from Bolt Thrower to me before that, but his copy was of such bad quality that you could hardly make out the actual song. So I wasn't that impressed about it at all.

heheheh... the first death metal band that i ever heard was Cannibal Corpse, and i hated it... it sounded soo bad, i couldn't understand a shit of what he was saying... later on i found GARDENIAN and In Flames... i tought it was amazing. A few day later i craved into my CD collection and i found the Canibal Corpse CD that at first made me feel sick, but now, i just LOVE IT!!

I think Napalm Death was the first death metal I heard back in the early 90s and I thought it was interesting, but Morbid Angel was the first group to get me into death metal, seeing their video for Covenant on Headbanger's Ball was a life-changing experience. :)

the first 2 songs off Death: Leprosy I taped off a radio show (which coincidentally I now run!!) and they took a while to grow on me but sounded so nasty I kept listening to them

but I had been scared shitless when I first heard Kreator's Pleasure to Kill :OMG:

The first death metal song I heard was Deicide's 'Sacrificial Suicide', which I downloaded (using Napster, no less :) ) during my first year of uni. I wasn't too keen on it to begin with, but then it grew on me.

Nowadays, death metal isn't my favourite genre, though I do like a fair bit of it, mostly old stuff like Death and early Obituary (and Deicide) and stuff like Opeth and Dark Tranquillity. Plus, of course, the almighty Bolt Thrower :D

First time I heard really "brutal" death metal I kind of just laughed, and then laughed some more. I still love the music, but it's sooo hard for me to take gore lyrics seriously. Probably why I haven't listened to Arch Enemy in so long. "Ravenous, I want your flesh" just doesn't do it for me:p

My first time was with Cannibal Corpse....At first I didn't like it all, but now Death Metal is my favourite genre..I fucking love it!!

My favourite DM bands nowdays are : Death (#1), Cannibal Corpse (yeah, I still like them), Deicide, Morbid Angel, Suffication, Blood Red Throne (Awsome Norwegian DM) and At The Gates

1985 when Possessed - Seven Churches came into my possession. (pun definitely intended) It'd be a bit earlier if you counted Slayer, Celtic Frost or Venom but I don't consider them Death Metal.