The first time you listened to death metal

Slaughter Of The Soul

Death Metal Freak
Nov 10, 2002
Athens, Greece
ton_poulo_oloi.com
My fucking God, the first time i listened to death metal it was a very "brutal" experience, i was shocked just like this ::OMG:

:lol::lol::lol:

The band was "At The Gates" and the song "Raped By The Light Of Christ" i think. It was the worst thing i have ever heard in my life and of course it seemed to me sooooo heavy !!! :lol: I could never understand why this man was screaming and i thought he didn't say anything.
But then i begun listening to it more and more and now i love death metal and nothing seems to me really heavy to listen to, just like every death metaller.

How was your experience, were you shocked too??

The first time I heard death metal was when Scream Bloody Gore by Death came out. I remember thinking it was horrible, and the vocals were just shit. Then Leprosy came out and a friend of mine bought it. I wanted nothing to do with it, but after him playing in several times around me, I was sold.

The first death metal song I listened to was Pull The Plug by Death. It didn't scare me at all (or shocked), but I didn't quite like the song at first. I waited a couple of months and gave the song a listen and it started to grow on me. Another couple of months later I bought the album and became a death metal fan :)

Guardian of Darkness said:
I remember being scared by Pantera when I was about 10 :lol:

If I had seen the cover of Metal Magic, I would have been scared too.

And I think the first real death metal song I heard, was Hypocrisy - The Fourth Dimension. It didn't really scare me, but I wasn't accustomed to the style of music yet. It's an aquired taste, and yes, it DID grow on me. :heh:

Not too long ago, about a year, I heard Emperors "The Tongue Of Fire" I thought it was pathetic at first, but I was drawn to listen to it again, and again and again, etc. until I bought the album. Brilliant introduction to metal as a genre.

Since I was young my cousin always got me into different types of music. He was older so I looked up to him, and he started off with Slayer and Metallica, and later got me into Opeth, Entombed, At the Gates, Dissection and so much more. I don't know if I ever truely disliked death metal because I essentially worked my way up to it. I still listen to pretty much all the bands my cousin had introduced me to.

I suppose I'm somewhat new to DM. I first listened to a lot of Swedish/gothenburg stuff like In Flames, Soilwork, etc, but I think the first real death metal band I really heard was either Opeth or Extol, neither of which play just straight death metal, so you know my tastes right there..I love them both though. I guess early Soilwork counts too, Steelbath and Chainheart, that was pretty brutal.

The first time I really heard any of it was a long, long time ago. My friend brought over Venom's "Black Metal" and "Apocalyptic Raids" by a band called Hellhammer. From there it was a pretty easy transition up through what we enjoy now. Hopefully I haven't totally betrayed my age...

My first death metal band I listen to was Cannibal Corpse. I like the vocals but I thought what the fuck is up with those vocals.

my first death metal album....hmmm I think it was Demonic by Testament
I said: wow this is what I have been waiting for my whole life,tho I don't know what this guy is saying