First song you listened to by Sym X

Just found this site with lots of guitar Class covers (mine is teh Hendrix one as I said) and the complete transcription list, as well as a link to download the original Magazine audio don't know if it's working, though.

http://escribasvirtuais.blogspot.com/2010/06/revista-guitar-class-uma-fonte-de.html

Thank you very much!

Hey now, there's a ton of long-ish songs that never change key. Black Sabbath's "War Pigs" is frickin' awesome and it's almost (except for what, six seconds?) all in the key of Em. Being able to pull that off is a true virtue.

I don't disagree with this, but to me a song generally just sounds stale if it never introduces new tonalities. I see keys as colors; if a song is fully "bright red" or "steel gray" I tend to get bored very quickly with it. Luckily, Symphony X has always been great at writing "multicolored" songs. In my opinion, many other artists don't understand this concept.

Of sins and shadows. Bought the CD around 1998 blindly by catalog, where they described Symphony X as something between Malmsteen and Dream Theater. I was blown away then, and to this day TDWOT is still a big favourite of mine.

Inferno. I didn't discover Symphony X until 2008. I consider myself lucky that I didn't know about them until after they had so much material already released. Imagine your favorite group releasing six outstanding albums at the same time - that was what it was like.

I think it was The Odyssey back in 2006, because I was looking for really long songs. But my official venture into Symphony X was with the tracks available on their website, same year.

I was working for D'Addario strings back in the 90's and SX had sent TDWOT in to the AR guy looking for an endorsement. He knew I liked metal so he asked me to listen to it and let him know what I thought. The second the 1st verse began I knew these guys were something special, and then when the operatic segment before the solo I knew these guys were exactly what I was looking for. They've been my favorite band ever since. It was a hard choice at the time, but I put V in front of TDWOT as my favorite overall SX album.

Just bought the Iconoclast double CD digipack this morning. Only listened to dics 1 so far and liking it alot. Especially 'When All is Lost'. Can't wait to listen to the rest!!!

I heard the Accolade and DWoT back in 1995 I think.

Never heard anything that good in my life. Was hooked ever since.
Nobody beats Symphony X. PERIOD.

Their older stuff is legendary.

Their newer stuff just keeps raising the bar higher.

No complaints here! Keep on rocking guys! Here's to another 20+ years of Symphony X metal music!

:kickass:

It was A fools Paradise, it was actually on a TV show called Game Clip, its a show where they make music videos from clips from games, pretty cool show, uh.. was on a channel called Game Network, dont think it exists anymore, shame.. cos I really wish I could find that clip.

Back in 2000.
The final verse and conclusion of "The Edge of Forever". It was like a damn holy musical (to quote the band) awakening. "V" had just been released, my friend played "Egypt" and though I enjoyed it, it wasn't until hearing "The Edge Of Forever" that I understood Symphony X's potential. My favorite album is "V", though I enjoyed "Paradise Lost", especially "The Sacrifice" and the title track.

Nathan