When was the first time you saw Nevermore live?

MetalSteph

Sep 14, 2001
I know i'm one of the earlier Nevermore/Sanctuary fans on here, so it's really not cool for me to brag that I saw Nevermore at the Roxy in LA opening for Death on their first tour, or to brag that I've seen them numerous times on every tour since. So I was just curious....When was the first time all of you saw them live. And how the hell was it? Anything memorable?

I remember after seeing Nevermore for the first time that Loomis came into the pit to watch Death from the crowd. When I started to talk to him he seemed like a cocky dick, until he heard that I worked for Rip magazine and already knew Jim and Warrel. Or maybe he just thought I was trying to scam on him and that was his way of telling me to fuck off. Ahahahah. Na, he was sweet after the first 10 seconds of our conversation. The band even gave me a free shirt.

:headbang:

So share your stories.

i saw them on the dimmu tour in 03 in philly, met the whole band at the bus after the show thanks to Will, talked to wd in a pizza shop after the crowds left the bus area. Got a huge pic with the whole band, me, will, bill, dan, derick, and cara. good times.

I first saw Nevermore at Bogart's in Cincinnati, Ohio opening for Flotsam and Jetsam and with another local band called Liquid Nation. This is when Tim Calvert just joined the band. I can't quite remember the year, I think it was 1997-1998. But,it was before Dreaming Neon Black came out. I met all the guys, except Tim Calvert, and got their autographs. I talked to Van and he told me about Pat O'Brien leaving to Join Cannibal Corpse. Had a super time and got a "Passenger" shirt with Politics Of Ecstasy "Euro Tour" dates on the back. Met and chatted with the guys 2 other times since then.

Graspop '05. I was beyond drunk so i just remember warrell saying 'and here's one off the new album! i hear it's leaked!' and them playing born possibly though i really can't remember :p

Saw them headline in a small club in glasgow last september though which made up for it. Was sweet :)

I saw Sanctuary open for Megadeth in '87 before Refuge Denied was released, but didn't see Nevermore until Gigantour. I've seen them 3 times since then though :headbang:

I saw them with Dimmu a little less than 3 years ago. Great show (Bodom used to be good back then).

BWBK 6-Pack Weekend on June 14 (technically, since they hit the stage at midnight or 1am), 2003... since then, I've seen them 7 additional times, making 8 times within the span of 3 years

Nightshade said:
I forget the year, but it was one of their first shows, if not the first show as Nevermore at the New World with Rottweiler and Villain.
Villian? was that a power metal band with a guitarist named Greg???
anyway i saw them with Dimmu in 2003 the first time (and only time since)

I seen Sanctuary in '88 opening for Megadeth in LA. Then several times after that. 5 times I believe. The first time I seen NEVERMORE was at a small club opening for Flotsam and Jetsam. It was for the politics tour. The most thing I remember was Warrel being sick as hell. They played a really short set, but still good. The other thing I remember was the awesome long sleeve 'In Memory' shirt I picked up and still have. My Fav.

Will Bozarth said:
BWBK 6-Pack Weekend on June 14 (technically, since they hit the stage at midnight or 1am), 2003... since then, I've seen them 7 additional times, making 8 times within the span of 3 years

Aw I almost went to that show. Flights were way to expensive. I went to Germany instead. Ahahahah. Hey Will, wasn't Chris playing with them at that show? I think that was right around the same time as the New England metalfest show that's on dvd.

Will Bozarth said:
yep! Chris was with them! and how the FUCK were flights to Cleveland too expensive, yet Germany wasn't?! haha

No shit huh? Flights to Cleveland were around $700 at the time, the flight to Germany was $580, plus that was the Rock Hard fest and i had alot more friends playing that show. So why not?