When was the first time you saw Nevermore live?

Wolftribe said:
NEMF 2003 was the first time for me... goood show

Dude, no matter how many times I've seen it, I'm NEVER prepared for your signature....

My first Nevermore experience, and only so far, was this past spring at Jaxx (springfield, VA).

We got to open the show too... and then spent the rest of the night as goofy fanboys!

Nightshade said:
I forget the year, but it was one of their first shows, if not the first show as Nevermore at the New World with Rottweiler and Villain.

That's not in Georgetown, is it? In any case, I saw the last Sanctuary show not long after arriving in Seattle - I forget the name of that 18+ venue, but Forced Entry opened for them. When Jeff Gilbert started mentioning Nevermore on KCMU's Brain Pain, I was holding my breath until they'd play their first show. Apparently I missed their unofficial debut, which I undestood took place a week before their official first show, at some place in Georgetown. But I was at the official debut, at the RKCNDY, upfront and center - including an elbow to the cheek from Lenny, who wasn't happy with Jeff... Shook hands with him later, at some other show at the RKCNDY, a little later, where Warrel gave me a tape of their demo, since he couldn't find a record company rep to give it to... Played the heck out of it until the s/t album was finally released, and saw them play on many occasions since, of course. Ah, the good old days :p

Mike said:
i saw them on the dimmu tour in 03 in philly, met the whole band at the bus after the show thanks to Will, talked to wd in a pizza shop after the crowds left the bus area. Got a huge pic with the whole band, me, will, bill, dan, derick, and cara. good times.

hahaha while you guys were talking to warrel, I was busy eating the tastiest goddamn calzone EVER. I was so immersed in that thing. mmmmmmmmm

but uhhhhh for the thread, I think it may have been the 2001 tour, Opeth/Angel Dust/Nevermore, at Jaxx, I can't recall any shows before that one.

april 06 with arch enemy and hate eternal and chimaira. i didn't stay to see chimaira. yep i'm a n00b. anyway i went to that show because of nevermore. in february i blindly purchased TGE and i fell in love with nevermore (not in a gay way)

Chromatose said:
hahaha while you guys were talking to warrel, I was busy eating the tastiest goddamn calzone EVER. I was so immersed in that thing. mmmmmmmmm

but uhhhhh for the thread, I think it may have been the 2001 tour, Opeth/Angel Dust/Nevermore, at Jaxx, I can't recall any shows before that one.

Just wondering, what did you end up doing with that pizza box you had Alexi Laiho sign?

Gigantour last year here in Boston August 26th.
It's the only time I've seen them so far.
Awesome show but the set was too short.
everyones sets were too short.

Mike said:
Just wondering, what did you end up doing with that pizza box you had Alexi Laiho sign?

It goes back and forth between sitting under my dresser and sitting under my TV stand.

Well I've seen Sanctuary more times than I could count, numerous silly stuff I remember about that. Warrel would say things like " drop acid, not bombs " and in Long Island I remember some skin head was heckling and Warrel told him that it was ok to leave because they already had his money!!! :lol:

I missed the NM tour with Death, but have seen them ever since then. I COULD have gone to the Death show, but my gay assed bass player hid the information from me because he knew I would have skipped band practice.

Super Mahrio said:
Villian? was that a power metal band with a guitarist named Greg???

I forget the name of the guitars. Lead singer was Tommy Law, and yeah, it's power metal. All three of the bands had singers with ranges similar to WD, but with different styles. Rottweiler and Villian played together a bunch and the singers used to wander up to the stage, each while the other's band was playing, and randomly do each other's harmonies -- hence the memory. It was f*cking awesome.

NeverMarty said:
That's not in Georgetown, is it?

No, it's in North Ballard, and it's changed names at least 5 times. *giggle* It was a cool club tho -- back in the "day" anyway. I don't think they do metal any more. *observes moment of silence*

in 2000 with in flames headlining and shadows fall opening, back when those 2 bands were still good. that was a pretty awesome show. ive missed them a few times for various reasons since, i think ive seen them a total of 3 times.

Chromatose said:
It goes back and forth between sitting under my dresser and sitting under my TV stand.

hahahahaha ill trade it with you for a can of dr pepper (your a fool to not take this deal)

normally I'd say yes, but the last time I had Dr Pepper from New Jersey it tasted digusting!

I'll need to do something with it when I move next month, and I don't really want to throw it away. I'll consider my options at that time.