How good are Nevermore live?

Tambn

Oct 4, 2005
Hey lads, this sunday will be my first Nevermore gig (their first time in OZ? not sure) and I was wondering if you experienced campaigners can give me the down low on their ability to reproduce their songs live? I recently saw dark tranquillity and was blown away. Studio quality stuff, with Mikael Stanne being an absolute showman. Can Warrel Dane claim to do the same? I’m sure Jeff Loomis will go nuts
Cheers peace out

They're pretty good live, when i saw them occassionally warrel forgot the lyrics or something and some of the stuff wasn't exactly like on the cd but nothing that makes the show bad.

Ive seen em a few times. One time quite frankly, they were absolutely terrible. Warrel was obviously drunk out of his mind (this was before he quit), he messed up SOOO many times. But whatever, everyone has their off days. When i saw them on the TGE tour they were absolutely amazing, they all performed flawlessly.

Im Dying to see em when they play in syd, but i gotta travel for 'bout an hour and i have no one to go with because everyone i know spent all their cash on gigantour.

oh and guess who is on full metal racket toonight

metalskater7 said:
You got be fucking stupid and shit man. If they are a signed aband and shit, of course he sdn to it live. I mean di they couldn't do it live wiould they be sugned/? Seriously. You got think asnd shit before making aq pois like this. THey don' t just sikgn anyone man. You got know your sshit., So a;;the advue u caqn guve iyu us thgnk befoire yiy opist agaun man. Or else tu just looj stupid. Know what I;m, saying?

that band. You know, that one.

Carcass? LOL I'm seeing them live soon LOL

(Only one person will get this reference right off the bat, but its funny... cause there is actually someone who tells people they are going to see carcass around my area.)

well you fanbois better be right because if they suck, uhh...ill be pised off and stuff.

I've seen them three times now, and have been impressed every time. The best time was when they did a mini-headlining tour for some western states last year around this time. They played an absolutely killer 90 minute setlist.

They came to Australia in 1999, on the Dreaming Neon Black tour. I saw them here in Brisbane.

Warrel was quite drunk (as he often was back in those days), but he sung his heart out that night and the guys played like they were fucking possessed, despite the fact that they were playing in a tiny little pub in Brisvegas. 'Tis still the best gig I have ever seen - they were probably my second or third favourite band before that night, but after their set I have never once held a band in higher esteem than NM.

One of my mates who was there that night saw them at Wacken and said they were even better, so yeah, I'm fucking gagging for this (and attending Melbourne, Brisbane and both Sydney gigs... oh my aching wallet...)

last time i saw them they played ok, but only the commercial groovy/crunchy/much-o-ballado stuff.
generally they used to be good live, but now i am not that enthousiastic when going to their concerts.
i have seen too many DHIADW/EoR/TGE concerts, i guess. even when i wasn't supposed to.

I've seen them live twice. Both times were good. However, the fist time(EOR tour) it looked like warrel kept getting hair in his mouth.

But Jones, the man, has got some sprinkle for ya...
look for a dude with black thick frames, glasses. in sydney

over in out!