When was the first time you saw Nevermore live?

JG1TR said:
First time: Wacken Open Air, Germany 2004
Second time: Wacken Open Air, Germany 2006
Third time: Tavastia Club, Helsinki, Finland, TODAY! 2006

The show today hasn't happened yet...no fair counting it until tomorrow.

I saw them first time at Sweden Rock this year and the second time will be tonight at Tavastia club, Helsinki:headbang:

Will Bozarth said:
...impossible!

:lol:

it tasted like cough syrup! The entire 12 pack was the same taste! It was from a different canning/bottling factory than what is around here, so I don't know if you fools always get it that way or if it was a bad batch, but .. ughhhhhh!

They taste different from each place, the ones straight from texas are HEAVENLY. Even the Dr Pepper I was raised on tastes like ass compared to Texas ones.

The first time I saw Nevermore was when they opened for Death at the Showcase Theatre in Corona, CA. I’m not sure but, it seemed like there were only a handful of people there to see Nevermore. The majority of the crowd was really rough on them. I still remember one guy kept yelling between every song “GET POISON OFF THE STAGE!!!!!!!!”

They still put on a great show. I think they opened with Godmoney.:headbang:

#1: March 1999. On tour with Sacred Steel, Nocturnal Rites and Lefay
#2: 22nd of May 1999, dynamo open air

in 1997 (w/ tim calvert) at a tiny little dump called the cactus club (now defunct) in san jose. i thought jim was such a hottie (hehehe). he had much shorter hair and was wearing tight, stripey pants.

i thought jeff looked like a little kid.

Chromatose said:
:lol:

it tasted like cough syrup! The entire 12 pack was the same taste! It was from a different canning/bottling factory than what is around here, so I don't know if you fools always get it that way or if it was a bad batch, but .. ughhhhhh!

They taste different from each place, the ones straight from texas are HEAVENLY. Even the Dr Pepper I was raised on tastes like ass compared to Texas ones.

you can still buy dr pepper online from waco texas, they use real sugar instead of corn syrup.

ms. anthrope said:
in 1997 (w/ tim calvert) at a tiny little dump called the cactus club (now defunct) in san jose. i thought jim was such a hottie (hehehe). he had much shorter hair and was wearing tight, stripey pants.

i thought jeff looked like a little kid.

I think I saw Nevermore at the Cactus club.... With Opeth and Angel Dust. The singer for Angel Dust came out for the first Nevermore song Dressed as warrel. He had a fake beard and all. I wasn't looking that closely and didn't even realize it wasn't WD for at least a minute.

Hey Ms. A.... I saw Nevermore in SF on the Dreaming Neon Black tour, small club, near where the Stone used to be. But for the life of me I can't remember the name of the club or who they were touring with. I remember we went to the Stinking Rose after with them, and we were all doing Jager shots.... maybe that's why i can't remember.

Mike said:
you can still buy dr pepper online from waco texas, they use real sugar instead of corn syrup.

I've been there and gotten a tour through the "factory" and "museum" and got to drink out of a glass bottle fresh off of the machine.

Come to think of it, this could have been the same time when we all went to my friend's body piercing shop and got done. Jeff, Van, and WD did their eyebrows, i did my lip, and jim wanted to do his tongue, but since he had a cold they wouldn't do it. After hours piercing party. Good times. But i thought that was later than the DNB tour.

MetalSteph said:
I think I saw Nevermore at the Cactus club.... With Opeth and Angel Dust. The singer for Angel Dust came out for the first Nevermore song Dressed as warrel. He had a fake beard and all. I wasn't looking that closely and didn't even realize it wasn't WD for at least a minute.

Hey Ms. A.... I saw Nevermore in SF on the Dreaming Neon Black tour, small club, near where the Stone used to be. But for the life of me I can't remember the name of the club or who they were touring with. I remember we went to the Stinking Rose after with them, and we were all doing Jager shots.... maybe that's why i can't remember.

actually nevermore played with flots and jets at the cactus club - it was before DNB. and i was at the cocodrie in SF, too! that was when DNB just came out. james murphy showed up. i think they were on tour w/ iced earth...? you weren't taking pics, tho... i would have remembered you!!!

ohhh yeah they toured with Iced Earth, and Destiny's End, when was that, 1999? I remember that tour but can't remember if Nevermore were on the bill for the east coast dates. If they were I'd be surprised because I don't remember it at all :lol:

Are there any tour histories up on the website ?

On the Dead Heart tour with Opeth, Angel Dust, and God Forbid at L'amour in Brooklyn, yo.

We got there like 4 hours before the show, and met Jeff and Van hanging outside the club killing time, then we wanted to get some food, and some dude told us the only place nearby was this bowling alley a couple blocks away, so we asked the NM guys if they wanted to go for a round of bowling, ytey said hell yeah, but the sound guy heard and say no way, so thats the story of how we almost went bowling with nevermore the end

Chromatose said:
ohhh yeah they toured with Iced Earth, and Destiny's End, when was that, 1999? I remember that tour but can't remember if Nevermore were on the bill for the east coast dates. If they were I'd be surprised because I don't remember it at all :lol:

Are there any tour histories up on the website ?

that's right... destiny's end was with 'em, too!!! i do believe it was 1999.