Nevermore News

I can't understand how someone does not like Andy Sneap's production. You listen to bands like Evergrey, Dream Theater, Firewind, etc and notice how their recordings are a complete mess, their older material sounds better than what they released lately. Sneap always brings a good sound, especially the drums.

He brings a lifeless, sterile, unnaturally (and unfitting for metal) clean sound to every album he produces. That is why I, amongst others, do not like Sneap. Goddamn, I love explaining things! Dreaming Neon Black's production was perfect for Nevermore.

I don't give a flying leaping fuck on opinions about Sneap. He does well enough I don't spend my every waking moment cursing his name when listening to the newer Nevermore albums.

I think Warrel had the right idea when he tried to get Kelly Gray to emulate the production on Carcass - Heartwork. I think that would fit wicked good with newer Nevermore.

Yeah I really don't see what's so terrible about Sneap/Wichers production. If it sounded like Dreaming Neon Black than we'd just have a thread full of bitching from the people who want it to sound like the newer albums.

Metal heads are so finicky.

Yeah. It's like the entire Metallica thing. People thought Load and Reload sounded overproduced and when the band released Death Magnetic everyone started bitching that it's not.

Yeah I really don't see what's so terrible about Sneap/Wichers production. If it sounded like Dreaming Neon Black than we'd just have a thread full of bitching from the people who want it to sound like the newer albums.

Metal heads are so finicky.

The thing is, that production suits Nevermore PERFECTLY. No pussy fucking Norwegian black metal band will ever capture the rage, hate, depression, etc in POE and DNB.

*in progressively higher pitched tones a-la Stewie* any reason you left out St Anger? their absolute best album ever? the reason for current metal's modern existence in that it revived everyone's faith in Metallica's songwriting? hmm?

*Blows chunks on keyboard* :puke:

Are you fucking kidding me? This was a joke post... right?