NEVERMORE To Release 'Voyager' DVD In The Fall - Mar. 16, 2008

Finally got my copy and watched it today - very impressive and long overdue! Great to hear WD's vocals so strong on that first disc and especially so on some of the older stuff where he uses the old school Sanctuary voice. I hope they film a bunch of "behind-the-scenes" and studio stuff when they finally get around to recording the new cd. I know a lot of bands are doing that now and selling special edition cd+dvd's - but I like it and it helps to give the fans a closer look at the whole process. LoG really nailed it when they did it with Sacrament and I also dug the dvd with Mastodon's CTS. More NEVERMORE is always a good thing.....

And can't forget - FUCK YEAH for "The Learning" !!!!!!!!!!!!

sad that there's almost nothing that hadn't been rerecorded...as most of today's live dvd...

That's quite exaggerated, don't you think?

As far as I know, Jeff only overdubbed some lead bits. Andy Sneap mentioned that there were DIs captured, but reamping does hardly take anything away from the performance - actually nothing, because it's still the same.

Yeah, I'm a fan of raw, honest live recordings (especially drums shouldn't be sample replaced IMO). But making this look like it was rerecorded in the studio... is just plain wrong.

Finally got my copy and watched it today - very impressive and long overdue! Great to hear WD's vocals so strong on that first disc and especially so on some of the older stuff where he uses the old school Sanctuary voice. I hope they film a bunch of "behind-the-scenes" and studio stuff when they finally get around to recording the new cd. I know a lot of bands are doing that now and selling special edition cd+dvd's - but I like it and it helps to give the fans a closer look at the whole process. LoG really nailed it when they did it with Sacrament and I also dug the dvd with Mastodon's CTS. More NEVERMORE is always a good thing.....

And can't forget - FUCK YEAH for "The Learning" !!!!!!!!!!!!

I love those kind of things and they actually really do attract fans. I didn't like lamb of god that much but my friend insisted I watch Killadelphia and the other one for Sacrament and after watching those I just got so familiar with the music and I really started liking it and kept listening to it and bam, now i'm a fan. It would be really cool if Nevermore did something following the making of a new album, I'd buy that for sure. I know for a fact that someday if I'm ever in a band on a major label or something I'd definitely do something like that and throw it in with the cd.