How did you get into Nevermore?

fading said:
I was at that show. They were giving out tix for the very next night to see them at another club, I can't remember the name of it. It was awesome.

That's right! I totally forgot about that. They had flyers with tickets stapled to them. I think the club was Monopoly's? It was somewhere pretty far & I had to work, so I couldn't go. I'm pretty sure I still have the tickets somewhere...

I must admit I got into Nevermore in sort of a...silly way. About a year and a number of months ago my boyfriend said, "Here this band is amazing, check this out", and I took it, checked it out a little bit, but somehow surpassed the amazingness. I then picked it up a while later and became instantly hooked...ahh to fall in love.

Damn you guys always make me feel old. I saw the first Sanctuary album (yes album) at my local record store and the sticker on it said "Produced by Dave Mustaine" so i figured i'd check it out. Hooked from then on. Years later I asked a music industry friend who happened to work for Century Media "Whatever happened to that band Sanctuary", he said "They have a new band called Nevermore, I'll have Warrel give you a call and send you the demo." I've been torturing them ever since. I did a story on them for Rip magazine on the first record. Hung out with them when they opened for Death at the Roxy, saw every tour that came through LA since.

0neEyedWilly said:
That's right! I totally forgot about that. They had flyers with tickets stapled to them. I think the club was Monopoly's? It was somewhere pretty far & I had to work, so I couldn't go. I'm pretty sure I still have the tickets somewhere...

Yea, Monopoly's, that's the place. It was a weird place. Excellent show though. I still have both show tickets. It was funny cause we waited around and talked to Sean. He was kind of cool and we felt he was put off by us, fucker. Anywho, good times!!

Was a couple years ago that I heard "I Voyager" but didn't care for the vocals. This year though, I had a friend transfer some files via Yahoo of Sanctuary and I was happy. My friend told me to check out "The Politics of Ecstasy" and "Dead Heart in a Dead World" and was hooked ever since.

Mind you, I like the Sanctuary material a bit better but nothing beats the heaviness of modern Nevermore and the now sober voice of Warrel Dane.

I always flip through MusicChoice and was doing so about a year ago and kept hearing "that Nevermore band song" (Final Product). Shortly after, they got on Gigantour and I heard the song on a Gigantour sampler CD and recognized it (quite a feat for most of the shit on MusicChoice). I got on the internet and looked around on blabbermouth, where everywhere was shitting bricks about TGE coming out so I tried to get it the day it came out but it wasn't there. A week later I ran across it, bought it, listened to it over and over and over and over and over and over (and still am today). I didn't waste much time getting everything else. (except the self-titled has been on back-order every place I've looked)

I'm going to see them Friday and plan on it being a highlight of my life. :worship: