When was your 1st time and was it good for you?

Jul 9, 2006
no you perves, not what you are thinking!
That you saw Saxon!
For me it was November 79 supporting Motorhead on the Bomber tour.
It was at the ABC Cinema Chester (now a lovely Brannigans)!!!!
My memory is a little wasted since then, so recollection is not that clear.
I had not heard of Saxon at the time, but for any Metal bands to play Chester was a major event and the place was buzzing.
Set list was all from the intial album of course (plus good old bap shoo wap).
The one thing that really sticks in my mind was the fact that at the start of Saxons set we were about 5 rows from the front (all seater venue), but after less than a minute we were at the front and the seats were gone!
An absolutley awesome introduction so Saxon and the following day (with ears still ringing) it was off to Penny Lane records to but their 1st album.

So come on, how was it for you the first time?

first time for me was april 23rd 2006 london astoria.
it was a gig that was so good that it took me 4 days to wake up from the trance.
so many good things happened, biff gave me the mic, nibbs took off his bass and held it out to me, i shook hands with biff in the middle of their songs, biff threw me a bottle of water.

saxon certainly slay everyone when it comes the actual playing, and despite being young i have seen all the giants maiden, motorhead, priest, slayer, chidren of bodom, inflames, scorpions, arch enemy, blind guardian, strapping young lad, astral doors, lamb of god, trivium, bullet for my valentine(not on purpose, they played at reading the same day as maiden), marilin manson, red hot chilis.

the fact that saxon can slay all these bands live says something.

cant wait for march 9th

i belive it was 1982 eagle has landed tour 1st band i ever saw!at st austelll cornwall ,everthing was a disapointment after that!

Bomber Tour for me too.Saw them two nights in a row at Hammersmith Odeon, was hooked.Went to Wembley market and bought first lp.Aghhh great days.

20/10 2004 at stockholm klubben on the lionheart tour!

was frontrow and when the return started and the guys where coming out i was happy =) and for me to after that no band have come close to be as good as saxon Live!

In spite I discovered Saxon with "Ride like the wind" clip in 1988 when I was 13 it took me a lot of time to see them live.

I don´t know exactly the date but it was on Killing Ground tour in Madrid 2001. Plus two hours gig. Overwhelming like every time I´ve seen Saxon since then, eight times in every spanish festival, in Belgium, Lionheart tour (one of the best shows I´ve ever seen with 27 songs and 2 hours and 40 minutes)...

From all the classic bands, the best ones on stage are, in my opinion, Saxon and DIO, by far.

Just counting the days for the forthcoming march tour.

May '95, st.georges hall (i think?) in Bradford, seemed to take forever to get there in a very uncomfortable mini bus/van.. Got very drunk on the way!

Aged 12 1983,Leicester.Fucking great.I dont remember it at all.It was loud and they played WOS.I saw Ozzy that year as well.Again i remember fuck all, except it was loud and he played Iron Man.:headbang:

I was 13 and it was at the boardwalk in Manchester in 1988.

The next time was 1991 at Manchester academy 2? Not there anymore....
Support was:

Hope and Glory
Dangerous

From then on its nearly a complete blur... appart from 92 at Stockport Davenport Theater (now demolished - trying to remeber the name of the support... I have the backstage pass laminated somewhere and signed by everyone but Biff....T**T:lol: ) 93 at Nottingham (Frankenstein?) and Colne Civic Centre 95 (China Beach/Crisis?)

Since then there has been 8-10 times in the uk till the last time I saw them at Bloodstock 01, where Nibbs brother got me an aftershow pass at a Rock pub in Derby, on a roundabout... I was SO pissed.

And thats been it, I spent a while working away in India, and also Germany, Holland and Spain in the last 2 years.

So basically at the end of the day it's just so fucking boring to go and see Saxon live - been there seen it done it. I just don't want to go and see them again.

See some of you in Manchester on the 4th March. Sheffield is a no go for me - sodding bosses, they think they own you. :mad:

**Edit**

To realy appreciate a Saxon gig have 1 or 6 beers beforehand, and then get to the front and go fucking nuts.

On Power And The Glory Tour a triple bill with Iron Maiden and Fastway I had heard of them and I knew I was in for something special I was right they did not disappoint have been a fan since, they need to come to the USA soon and rock this sleepy little town

A Night Out with the Boys at JB's,Dudley.

That was an incredible night!! Nice to meet Lionheart747 ( I think that is you) and Goss at that show. :)

Summer of '84 on the Crusader tour with Motley Crue at Santa Barbara College, California, US. Didn't care about Crue, was there for Saxon and they didn't disappoint. Graham Oliver and Steve Dawson were both still with the band then. Loved it! Loved it! Loved it! The song Crusader was still new then and I couldn't wait to hear it. They played it flawlessly! To this day one of their all time best songs. Man, I wish they would make it back to the states so I can see them again with Doug and Nibbs! C'mon guys!!

Hi all

Now, lets see; must have been autumn `81 on the Denim & Leather tour at Sofia Gardens, Cardiff, supported by Riot (who nearly blew them right off stage). It was memorable as it was my first gig EVER.

Have since seen Biff`n`the lads_
3 times in Cardiff St Davids Hall
(1)unused recording for vid of Saxon Live,
(2) Innocence...,
(3)Crusader tour

1 time in Basingstoke (Dogs of War Tour)

1 time Derby (Bloodstock 01)

2 times in Nottingham Rock City

AND am seeing them AGAIN in March.

WMS

It was orgasmic for me the first time I saw Saxon. It would have been at the Glasgow apollo but I haven't a clue what year it was, saw them twice there and I'm sure it was the Tygers of Pan Tang and Riot that supported them. Early 80s probably. And the mighty Saxon just keep getting better and better each time I see them:headbang:

I think my favourite concert was the one last year at the Renfrew Ferry with Blitzkrieg and Attica Rage - THAT CONCERT WAS MEGA ORGASMIC!!!!!!