WHOSE CHEESE AND TOMATO SANDWICH?

Bert – I use to live in a village called Sherburn in Elmet which is about twenty miles outside Leeds.

My first ever gig was at Bradford St Georges Hall and what a gig to start with, Motorheads “Ace of Spades” tour, I remember speaking to this guy while we were queuing , he showed me a complete set of tickets for the whole tour , he had been sleeping rough to follow Lemmy & Co, now that’s dedication .

A month later Iron Maiden were playing at Leeds University but a few days before the gig “The Yorkshire Ripper” struck again murdering student Jacqueline Hill, so it was quite a freaky time for a fourteen year old to witness all the police activity around the university, great gig though.

I had heard Leeds Queens Hall had been pulled down, pity great venue , a old tram shed, did you attend the Motorhead gig there March 81, they recorded side one of the “No Sleep til Hammersmith” album there that night.

If you can make the Saxon – Bradford gig I`ll buy you a pint if you want, that all depends The Rhino`s winning the final I suppose. I often travel to Leeds to see a certain team play at Elland Road , I live in hope of the glory days again!

Have not been to the music venues you mentioned, most of my Headbanging done in Leeds.

RicknRoll said:
Sh*t you only got me by a year guess will need a walker and a cane eh! :lol::lol:
Maybe our Saxon bus passes can be extended to Saxon gigs as well,so we can have special treatment.Money off ticket prices and special areas for us old farts so we dont get jumped on by the young whippersnappers,great idea!
and i promise not to throw my colostomy bag at the stage.

saxonized-Ah,you lived in the posh bit! I was indeed at that gig. I've still got the t-shirt! It says LEEDS/NEWCASTLE MEET MARCH 1981 on it. I think they were the only 2 dates. I never knew that was the gig they recorded for NSTH though! Cool! In fact,I have some photos from that gig as well although they are quite blurry. Lemmy has a t-shirt with Lightning Raiders on who were the support if I remember rightly.They were crap! They used to get some top acts at the Queens Hall. I saw Ozzy,UFO,AC/DC,Thin Lizzy and Rush there also.
Anyway check out http://www.leedsarena.co.uk/. I hope it does happen.

bert said:
saxonized-Ah,you lived in the posh bit! I was indeed at that gig. I've still got the t-shirt! It says LEEDS/NEWCASTLE MEET MARCH 1981 on it. I think they were the only 2 dates. I never knew that was the gig they recorded for NSTH though! Cool! In fact,I have some photos from that gig as well although they are quite blurry. Lemmy has a t-shirt with Lightning Raiders on who were the support if I remember rightly.They were crap! They used to get some top acts at the Queens Hall. I saw Ozzy,UFO,AC/DC,Thin Lizzy and Rush there also.
Anyway check out http://www.leedsarena.co.uk/. I hope it does happen.
Your right Lightning Raiders were crap i saw them support Motorhead and Saxon at Hackney stadium :yell:

Paxoman said:
I didn't go to that gig but I used to have the poster for that gig up on my bedroom wall! If I remember right is was something to do with a bikers bash?
Yes all the security was done by the hells angels,it was a good day, the weather was good too.

Bert – Most people assume No Sleep…….. was recorded at Hammersmith , so we play a part in Metal history , recorded live at Leeds 28/03/1981.The tour was also billed “The Pain in the Neck Tour” because Drummer Phil Taylor has just recovered from a broken neck, falling down a set of stairs . I saw Rainbow , Whitesnake, and Black Sabbath (with Dio) there also, but one of my biggest regrets is not going to the Lizzy gig through lack of funds.

The Leeds Arena complex looks great thanks for the link.

Midnight rider – You had to suffer Lightning Raiders also bad luck mate!

Paxoman – Yeah Hackney was a Bikers bash, I think some of the proceeds were given in support of The Hells Angels.

SAXONIZED said:
Bert – Most people assume No Sleep…….. was recorded at Hammersmith , so we play a part in Metal history , recorded live at Leeds 28/03/1981.The tour was also billed “The Pain in the Neck Tour” because Drummer Phil Taylor has just recovered from a broken neck, falling down a set of stairs . I saw Rainbow , Whitesnake, and Black Sabbath (with Dio) there also, but one of my biggest regrets is not going to the Lizzy gig through lack of funds.

The Leeds Arena complex looks great thanks for the link.

Midnight rider – You had to suffer Lightning Raiders also bad luck mate!

Paxoman – Yeah Hackney was a Bikers bash, I think some of the proceeds were given in support of The Hells Angels.

I remember now, Philthy was being carried in a 'firemans lift' and whoever it was that was carrying him dropped him and he broke his neck. It's all coming back to me! That's some memory you have there Saxonized! :headbang:

nightwar said:
I now think I may be a Spring Chicken on this Forum - Weirdly, my birthday is next week, May 3rd. I'm going to be 33! Aggghhhhh!!!!

Happy Birthday to you Nightwar, now you are in the older gits club, i hope you got that set of Dominos for a birthday present. We can all meet up ,have a quiet game in some pub corner just like old gits do, then make are way down to the gig and show the young uns` we NWOBHM boys still ROCK!!!!!

Cheers, Saxonized - obviously my Birthday bash ended up as a two-day blur!
Feeling better now,though!!

Yep, I got the dominoes in the post, thanks! I got some old Dudes at my local how to play the damned things!

But, of course, it is all for the best. Like you said, we can meet up at a quiet little country pub and play a game of dominoes before we get on the specially arranged 'Saxon Gig' bus. You know the one - where there is wheelchair access at the back!
Best thing of all - we can have front row seats for us disabled people!!

I also think that, similiar to the Queen, Biff should send us a personal letter when we hit 50! You know, something like: 'Glad you're still alive and you made it through the Sex, Drugs, Alcohol and Rock 'N' Roll. Keep the Metal alive etc etc... Signed Biff'

And, Saxonized, my Good Man - you are sooooooo right! We NWOBHM boys ROCK!!!

We'd show those darned youngsters a thing or two, eh?!!!

....Every time i see the title of this thread i can't help but smile.....If there is an award for best thread title then "Whose Cheese and Tomato Sandwich" for sure gets my vote!!!

I remember i was at donington a few years ago now, and some idiot who i used to be friends with got hit square in the head by huge milk carton thing filled with lager (or maybe it was piss?) il never know who threw that... but id shake his hand and buy him a pint!

.....He looked like he was gonna cry! lmfao!

:headbang:

Nice!
It just had to be piss!

Your old mate may have said it was lager, but I bet it was the evacuation fluid of the bladder! After all, who would drink lovely alcahol from a milk carton? But, if required, it would be a definate candidate to be pissed in when things get desperate!!

Kind of the same colour, you know...

nightwar said:
Nice!
It just had to be piss!
......who would drink lovely alcahol from a milk carton?

And who would throw away lovely alcohol !!!

valanx said:
....Every time i see the title of this thread i can't help but smile.....If there is an award for best thread title then "Whose Cheese and Tomato Sandwich" for sure gets my vote!!!

Cheers Valanx you don`t think the bread`s getting stale yet?

Oh by the way, that milk carton, it was piss a cola :yuk:

SAXONIZED said:
Cheers Valanx you don`t think the bread`s getting stale yet?

Oh by the way, that milk carton, it was piss a cola :yuk:

It will never become stale mate! We all have our own cheese and tomato sandwich stories to tell.....Mine, was just in the form of piss in a milk carton!
lol

nightwar said:
Nice!
It just had to be piss!

Kind of the same colour, you know...

Reminds me of my favorite beer joke.

You know why beer goes through you so fast?

It doesn't have to change color on the way down.

Ok, didn't say it was a good joke...just my favorite

Risquit said:
Reminds me of my favorite beer joke.

You know why beer goes through you so fast?

It doesn't have to change color on the way down.

Yeah i guess that explains it for me too !!! lol !