Mickey Mouse Saxon on BBC1!! (worth a law suit Biff?)

Black Lagoon

Apr 24, 2001
Cornwall, England
Visit site
First of all, hello everyone, unfortunately due to work clamping down on internet use, e-mails etc I can't get on here half as much as I used to :erk: Pain in the arse really.

Secondly, Anyone else see M/M Saxon on the TV the other night?
There was a programme about opera star Russell Watson and he was gonna be taught how to sing like a rock star, and then be put on stage to duet with Meatloaf.
Anyway he did loads of voice training, met Meatloaf and did some practices and then they decided he need to perform with a real rock/metal band. So for some bizzarre reason they put him in a rehersal room with M/M Saxon (Who were named on the programme as Saxon and also use the proper Saxon logo on there bass drum!).
Basically Dobby was teaching him stage moves "stick your chest out, walk bow legged, and do lots of pointing!", and then after M/M played 747, they ran through some rock and roll covers and were teaching him to scream!
It was honestly one of the funniest things I've seen on TV for ages and Russell Watson was really impressed with the band as the first thing they did was crack open some beers!
He did end up on stage with Meatloaf (and Anthrax's ex guitarist Paul Crook) and did actually make Meatloaf sound like a fat average singer, athough he did forget to point!

This was briefly discussed in another thread Lagoon. That'll teach you for not checking in very often! :lol:

I didn't see it but it does sound pretty funny. Although it's completely out of order for dumb and dumber to keep on passing themselves off as Saxon, especially as they have lost their court case.