When was your 1st time and was it good for you?

Hi all

Now, lets see; must have been autumn `81 on the Denim & Leather tour at Sofia Gardens, Cardiff, supported by Riot (who nearly blew them right off stage). It was memorable as it was my first gig EVER.

Have since seen Biff`n`the lads_
3 times in Cardiff St Davids Hall
(1)unused recording for vid of Saxon Live,
(2) Innocence...,
(3)Crusader tour

1 time in Basingstoke (Dogs of War Tour)

1 time Derby (Bloodstock 01)

2 times in Nottingham Rock City

AND am seeing them AGAIN in March.

WMS

I've got photo's from the St Davids Hall gig somewhere. Was that the one when the stage got swamped and the band ended up playing on the ramparts behind the drums? As I recall it was from there off to I think Nottingham for further recording of the live show for the video.

Yeah, it was one of the gigs in Cardiff (the other being a Maiden gig) where they decided not to lower the floor in front of the stage as the gig was sandwiched between 2 classical concerts. As a result the stage was only about 2 (maybe 3) foot off the floor.

NOT IDEAL.

Would love to see the pics if you could drag them out as I was right at the front.

WMS

Yeah, it was one of the gigs in Cardiff (the other being a Maiden gig) where they decided not to lower the floor in front of the stage as the gig was sandwiched between 2 classical concerts. As a result the stage was only about 2 (maybe 3) foot off the floor.

NOT IDEAL.

Would love to see the pics if you could drag them out as I was right at the front.

WMS

I'll have to find someone with a scanner so I can get them loaded onto my PC.
If and or when I can get sorted, I'll put a posting on this site.

Cheers

I'll have to find someone with a scanner so I can get them loaded onto my PC.
If and or when I can get sorted, I'll put a posting on this site.

Cheers

just realised reading your posting that some things are "pre-digital" and need to be scanned into the PC (as opposed to everything being digital these days).

dont worry about the pics at all.

WMS

just realised reading your posting that some things are "pre-digital" and need to be scanned into the PC (as opposed to everything being digital these days).

dont worry about the pics at all.

WMS

To be honest, I've been meaning to get this done for some time, so you've given me a good excuse to get my finger out and do something about it.
Off to the loft to dig them out and then asking mates who's got a scanner.
Watch this space

it was 1980 i think at derby assembly rooms on the wheels of steel tour with tigers of pantang as support,then it was at the 1st donnington fesyival with the likes of rainbow,priest,scorpions,april wine and touch( we sat in the sun and the bands played on),since then a number of times around the east midlands.see you on 26 jan at sheffield.rock on

Hammersmith x2, Leicester, Derby and Cardiff in November 1979 supporting Motorhead on the Bomber Tour. That was me hooked, so saw several gigs on the “Wheels of Steel” Tour - and God knows how many since. :headbang: Reminiscing with a mate over the 1980 “Wheels of Steel” Tour and he recalled Biff messing around with a knife at Cardiff Top Rank (I think). Biff was basically letting us all know that he was in charge – and it was a very BIG knife so we all agreed, and he threw the knife inches deep into the stage floor !! :worship:

My memory is sh!te for venues and dates – but I DO remember my ears rang for days after each gig!!:loco:

Hammersmith x2, Leicester, Derby and Cardiff in November 1979 supporting Motorhead on the Bomber Tour. That was me hooked, so saw several gigs on the “Wheels of Steel” Tour - and God knows how many since. :headbang: Reminiscing with a mate over the 1980 “Wheels of Steel” Tour and he recalled Biff messing around with a knife at Cardiff Top Rank (I think). Biff was basically letting us all know that he was in charge – and it was a very BIG knife so we all agreed, and he threw the knife inches deep into the stage floor !! :worship:

My memory is sh!te for venues and dates – but I DO remember my ears rang for days after each gig!!:loco:

I remember the knife gimmick (for Street Fighting Gang).
Saw them on the Wheels tour (Dixie Land Showbar) supported by Lautrec.
Still have the programme (milk is cool). This was when they had the Oldsmobile Regency for travelling around in.