When was your first time ???

Saxonwarrior

New Metal Member
Dec 26, 2002
LONDON. ENGLAND
Visit site
Hi
Can you remember the first time you saw saxon in concert.

MY first ever concert was saxon at the hammersmith odeon
in october 81 . I can still remember the feeling of anticipation
as they opened with AND THE BANDS PLAYED ON and the
sight of the Eagle for the first time. Saxon from that day on
took over my life .

I can remember the first ( and only ) time i met Saxon
It was at a meet & greet in hanley stoke on trent on a friday in 1991
so i had to call work to say i was sick and then ride my motorbike
the 200 miles from london to stoke. When the band turned up it was
without Biff who was doing some radio interviews but the journey was
well worth it.

So what was your first time?

Hmn.. last year I believe at The Hayloft Liquor Stand in Mt Clemens Michigan.. My best friend was opening the show and gave me a ticket, then took me backstage to meet Nibbs. I of course did nothing but grin like an idiot, get my picture taken and leave. Dumbass! But I still loved the show even knowing only about 3 songs.... "My god, it's really BIFF!!!!!!".... ya know the feeling....

It sucks bad but I never saw SAXON live so far. Being in Quebec, Canada, they never play here anymore, I guess the last time was in 1987 and I wasn't really familiar with them back then...I still keep my fingers crossed and hope Biff and co will play over here some day...I guess my biggest chance would be that Saxon got the opening slot on a bigger tour, like the re-united Priest or maybe Dio? Anyway, I really hope to see them on the upcoming tour...:worship:

I think there was post similar to this in the past, none the less here goes, the first time I ever saw the mighty Saxon was on a triple bill with Iron Maiden and fastway it was the Power and the Glory tour 83.

I already owned WOS album and was really pleased that they were on the same bill as Maiden, the one thing that I remember most was how a taken back I was when they hit the stage they didn't give you a chance to sit down it was just one kick ass song right after another, they definatley should have been the headliner

Saxonwarrior said:
Hi

MY first ever concert was saxon at the hammersmith odeon
in october 81 . I can still remember the feeling of anticipation
as they opened with AND THE BANDS PLAYED ON and the
sight of the Eagle for the first time. Saxon from that day on
took over my life .

I can remember the first ( and only ) time i met Saxon
It was at a meet & greet in hanley stoke on trent on a friday in 1991
so i had to call work to say i was sick and then ride my motorbike
the 200 miles from london to stoke. When the band turned up it was
without Biff who was doing some radio interviews but the journey was
well worth it.

So what was your first time?

It was Georges Hall Bradford and they were supporting Motorhead on the Bomber tour. Can't tell what month/year but I think it was winter-time. Anyway Saxon opened and Motorhead even brought the 'Bomber' with them which,if anyone has been in Georges Hall will testify,is quite a feat. Top night! :headbang:

My first time seeing them was on the Killing Ground tour @ the NJ Metalfest. They stole the show!

I met them the next night @ a bar in Long Island, NY with fellow message board mates Golden Goose and Ray_M. They played a great set and then hung out by their bus and talked with their fans for about 3 hours. Saxon are a class act!

very vividly
July 1978 mexborough Sixth form music night!
A local Band Known to drink in the ferry boat!!! Biff Remember that lovely place!
Went by the name of ' Son of a bitch'
I was a mere slip of a girl of 16 whoops boy!
They headlined as such and were bloody amazing ....
Light show as 3 spots and a row of 4 back lights
good set of stuff yet to be released on the SAXOn album.
With encores .........
Kashmir, all along the watch tower ....
stunning night
but hey not everyone can live in the shit hole that was south yorkshire then!!!!!
All my love
Emma

My first time was in 1988 on the Destiny tour at L'amour in Brooklyn NY.
It was a great show but on a cold snowy night with little to no advertising, there was a real small gathering. My second time was at Birch Hill Night Club in Old Bridge NJ for the Unleashed tour in 1998. This was an Easter night crowd but there was still a few hundred. My third time was at the New Jersey Metalfest in 2002 for Killing Ground. Saxon's first stop on their Amercan tour. They has the main stage for about 1000 people but the headliner was Diamond Head so the room got more crowded as Saxon's set went on. Saxon seemed to just vanish after the show that hight. I was hoping for a signature. Sounds like Twisted Tony got a better deal the next night in New York for a meeting with the band. Maybe this year will be the time for that for me. My fourth time will be somewhere in the NJ/NY area when they return for their next album tour.

Saw the for the first time on the Metalhead tour in London at the Mean Fiddler, formerly Astoria 2. I am was 17 at the time, was one of the best gigs Ive ever seen!!!!! Seen them 4 times since. Saxon = one of the greatest Metal bands ever.