Most memorable gigs/venues

StephenSLR

Oct 11, 2002
Sydney, Australia
www.lycanthia.com
A thread dedicated to your most memorable gigs and favourite venues - great shows and places where you had some fun times.

I have too many to list but one that has come to mind recently was seeing Iron Maiden at Newcastle Civic Theatre.

One of my favourite venues was the Kardomah Cafe in Kings Cross.

s

Hangon, is this for most memorable gigs or least remembered gigs? :lol:

Dungeon's last, without a doubt, comes in the top few. We packed out the Madison, Royal Exhibition AND the Strawberry Hills in between sets...

Opeth 04, brilliant night. First time I'd bothered to properly listen to Opeth, they opened with Masters Apprentice and blew my fucking head off. That, after a brilliant Dungeon set.

And seriously, the Saturday Sydney Maiden gig is going to go down in the history books...a gathering of the tribe of immense proportions.

LYCANTHIA playing a gig @ Utopia Records in Sydney in Jan this year was very memorable, but not for the right reasons. Apart from the healthy crowd turnout everything just seemed to go wrong at that show. :erk:

I hear ya! someone pushed me while I was trying to get to my keyboard and I fell and got a nasty cut on my leg... you can see it in the latest promo shots lol.

I could go on about a lot more but the most memorable (note: not necessarily best or most pivotal) would have to be Dream Theater and Iron Maiden this year, and Tommy Emmanuel in 2005. Possibly because they are 3 of the few gigs I was stone cold sober for but each is memorable for different reasons. If these were the only 3 shows I ever saw I'd feel like my gigging ambitions were still sufficiently sated.