Your most memorable Evile moments

British_Banger

Devoid of thought
Aug 5, 2006
Between The Hammer And The Anvil
Just wondered what everyones best moments were and most memorable occasions with Evile.

In no particular order mine are:

-This years bloodstock gig

-Camden Underworld supporting Exodus 2009 I think but I might be wrong

-Norwich, Birmingham and London with Megadeth 2008

-Get In The Ring at Kentish town forum 2007

-Sonisphere 2010

-Milan 2010 and 2012 - though thats also cos of a really great Italian friend of mine and Ols who dont see anything like as much as I should. Their 2010 gig was also the first time I was introduced to Joel, and Lucy 'Lawless' Hellings.

-Earache xmas party 2011 - Hoping they have another this year. I am there.

-HMV Manchester feb 2012 - first ever performance of In Memorium

-Nottingham and London gigs of Feb 2011 cos they were also with Mutant who I fucking love, and Elimination who are mates of mine and it was also the first time we got to hear FST material, which turned out to be 'Eternal Empire' though we didn't know it yet.

-FST Album unveiling in London - summer 2011 but I cant remember where

-FST official album launch at the garage 2011

-The recent Norwich/London gigs - gonna go out on a limb here and say that for me Wolf are the best support I have ever seen with Evile.

-A random show in Hastings a couple of years back. I've completely forgot what it was about but that was quite an intimate, relatively small gig. I think they'd been asked to play cos someone had passed away and Evile were his favourite band, but I might be mistaken. Anyone know?

-Seeing them win the Metal as fuck award at the MH Golden Gods 2010 after a brief but awesome performance

-Then, of course, there is the Mike Alexander London Memorial show in 2009

There is a particular order now that I think about it, but I couldn't be bothered to cut and paste :D

The first time I saw them. Was at the optimum level of intoxication which, when combined with a good band on form, always makes for a great night. Also I had never properly listened to Savage Messiah, so I got to discover another cool band.

Oh, jesus, I don't know. Maybe receiving my Hell demo in the post one day? I remember listening to it over and over. It came in a padded envelope with Matt's name and address written on, along with a badge, and a patch. I actually still have the envelope. I know right, sad ass collector type thing to do or what! :lol:

That, or seeing them for the first time, when they opened for my all-time favourite band, Megadeth. I guess that was pretty special.

I remember I had tickets to see them a good while before then in a crappy town near where I lived but my job at the same offered me the opportunity of going and working in India for 5 weeks (and staying in a 5-star hotel for the duration of my stay) - I couldn't refuse. I missed the gig, but my friend went along on his own and got my copy of Enter The Grave signed by the lads,

podgiesignedevilehp7.jpg

What Ol wrote is golden. And the fact he wrote 'gay' across his forehead is even better :lol:

Hahah perfect positioning!!

My moments are hearing them for the first time, hearing FST for the first time and watching them live on YouTube

:lol: I still have my hat from BOA a few years ago signed by all the lads and Onslaught (and Devy, but he did his in black the bastard). Ol wrote 'Dave is Dave'... thanks very much haha

Well, I'll guess that recent trip to Garage, London and actually meeting guys after gig is that moment. After all, whole trip was built around that gig and well worth it.

Just two for me, but to me they're perfect moments.

The first being completely out of my tree on beer, babbling obscenities at my mates, and staggering into the Bloodstock Open Air beer tent in 2006 and having a sit down. Evile turned up and blew us all away - and the real miracle here is that Evile made that much of an impression that I actually remembered them, despite the drunken stupor; checked out their website and got my copies of the EP's ordered.

Based on the fact that I knew the band would do great things, my other favourite memory is when Five Serpent's Teeth got it's first (and many more) play. Boom guys, nailed it.

M.