Evile ranked amongst the best of 2011 at Brutalism

I have only listened to 5 of the albums on your list, but I liked the ones I have listened to.

Evile shouldn't be ranked that low. Shame on you Dave!:lol:

Was kinda surprised that you didn't have Havok or Warbringer on your list.:p

I'll have to see if I can listen to the Hell and Onslaught albums through the Zune marketplace.

I don't rate Havok whatsoever, as I've said many tiems before on here, and Warbringer's newest effort was probably the biggest disappointment of the year for me :(

I have to say, it was insanely difficult to compile this list. I'd have put Evile higher, but when faced with albums like Outer Isolation, Human Remains and Soothsayer it's quite a miracle it was on there at all. hey, at least they're not below Machine Head or Lulu...

I've half expected Hell to be no. 1 since you've been singing its praises for a while now and, to your point, it is really really good. Still, my album of the year is FST. No toppling that beast.

Biggest dissapointment award would probably go to Destruction *ducks and covers*. Don't get me wrong, I liked it but it sounds like 'more of the same, been there done that' especially when you got all these innovators in thrash (e.g. Vektor) doing wonders for the genre.

Parker's great :lol: But I'll admit, Lemmy's starting to sound his age vocally. Sy Keeler wasn't a fan of TWIY either, but again - opinions.

Just be thankful that Vektor are included Joe, they almost didn't make the cut haha

I still don't rank Vektor's new one on my top five, but that's just me.

EDIT : Fuck, Devin Townsend higher than Evile? I really need to check out that man's music.

Again, it's been very difficult to do this list. Anything from 8 to 2 could've been in any order really, I just went with this arrangement because that's how I was feeling about these records at the time of writing.

Motörhead's album was really good! wasn't it released 2010?? :guh:
Vektor, Evile and Destruction brought very solid releases.
Onslaught was good too, but I wouldn't have given such a high rank. But still they deserved the Pie.

Devin Townsend higher than Evile? I really need to check out that man's music.

BE FUCKING CAREFUL. That man's music is fucking addicting after a while. At first, I thought he was pretty cool. Now, I can't stop listening to Strapping Young Lad. Like, at all.

I mean, seriously. Someone please help me; all that's been running through my mind is lyrics to Dirt Pride, Detox and Far Beyond Metal... :(

On a different topic, what surprises me is 1) Vektor's placing. 2) How I could completely forget about Skeletonwitch? 3) Sounds of Violence? Hm...

But that's just my two birr (which is the American equivalent of less than 50 cents).

I already started, and now I can't stop either. :lol:

On topic though, new Skeletonwitch is really that good? I need to get my hands on that...

Silly American thinks this is funny... :(

In all honesty, I would've gone Havok over Motorhead and Warbringer with Skeletonwitch. I haven't gotten a chance to bother with any new Motorhead releases, and even though I was told that Skeletonwitch was to give you balls, it clearly shows I got none because I don't like them. Also, I haven't heard of Hell (in detail) and Neuroma (at all) so I feel a bit like a loser right now...