Need help planning a tour... venues and band suggestions?

DoomsdayZach

The Professor was right
Dec 11, 2005
Seattle, WA
www.doomsdaymusic.com
Alright, so I want to start this off by saying I know there's a "Promotion" thread. The point is not to promote anything about my band, but to ask advice from people across the land.

For those who don't know, I'm in a true/heavy metal band and we're heading out on a short stint east. We haven't played most of the cities out that way and so we have very few contacts. Below is our tour itinerary, if you know of any local bands who might help us either book a show or would be down to play with us as well as any venues in the area that would welcome a band of our type, suggestions are most welcome! Here's what helps me most:

Venues:
Which local venues would be worth a small, relatively unknown touring band trying to book a show at? Looking at bars and small clubs that are known in the area for decent to great sound, don't fuck over touring bands, etc. I'm not asking for miracles, I just don't want to deal with too many people trying to screw us over :lol:
Any email addresses, websites, facebook pages or myspace pages would be appreciated.
Also, places to avoid and why would be great!!

Bands:
We are willing to play with a wide range of styles within the metal spectrum. First and foremost, we don't want to play with any nu-metal or 'core bands, so please, no chugga chug *pinch harmonic* shit. We will fit best with thrash, power, heavy, or prog metal, but if you know of a really good death or black metal band that are melodic and who's members have an appreciation for Maiden, Manowar, Priest and Dio, we can turn to the darker sides of metal! We're looking for to put on a good show first and foremost, so if you know of any great locals then please link me to a metal-archives page or myspace/facebook!

Promotors:
This is a long shot, but if anyone knows any reputable promoters who are willing to set up Metal shows with the true spirit of metal in mind (again, can be anything except nu-metal and 'core bands), please post their info or pass mine along (found near the bottom of the post). It is also VERY HELPFUL to know of any particularly shady promoters in the area. Names and any information/reasons why to stay away from them would be great!

Itinerary:
the whole thing revolves around a fest in Ohio that we are booked for, so this is the remainder of our itinerary that we haven't booked. there are a few flexible dates that we are looking for basically whatever offer pans out best, so please throw out as many bands/venues as you can for the places we have listed or anywhere in the close vicinity.

Thursday, June 24: Madison, WI / Minneapolis, MN / Detroit, MI
Sunday, June 27: Detroit, MI / Chicago, IL
Monday, June 28: Chicago, IL
Tuesday, June 29: Kansas City, MO / Omaha, NE
Wednesday, June 30: Denver, CO
Thursday, July 1: Salt Lake City, UT
Friday, July 2: Boise, ID / Reno, NV

Contact Info:
The band name is Skelator
Myspace
Metal Archives

I can be reached at:
doomsdayzach@gmail.com

If anyone needs my phone number, PM me and you are free to pass it along.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

The metal station in Madison, WI is WJJO. Not sure if it is any help but you can poke around their website; they are pretty cool and active in the community and might be able to help in terms of leads on venues and such: http://www.wjjo.com/

You might have better luck in Milwaukee or Minneapolis, though.