Please help, Aussie gigs

Rayna

Worlds shortest Feminist
I’m a Kiwi but I don’t get the privilege to see DT cause they don’t come to NZ but I noticed they do many gigs in Australia. So Does anyone know if they will be doing any summer gigs over there? (Southern hemispheres summer). Cause if so I was planning to travel across the ditch to see them but the thing is I wouldn’t know where to start. E.g Transport, places to stay, where to go and all that. If i was looking to go it would be any concert on the east coast e.g Mel. Brisbane, Sydney etc... Perth and that might be a bit far…

So if anyone has any suggestions and all that you will be a major help… Just I wouldn’t know really where to start.

Thanks.

Rayna

If you're asking whether DT will tour Australia this southern-summer, check their site, their MySpace or the "australian tour" thread a few links down from here.

If you're asking about places to stay in Australia, check the "australian tour" thread.

If you're asking about transport methods to Australia, i suppose boat or plane would be pretty obvious thoughts.

I can't think of anything else you could be asking. But shouldn't you have asked this in the thread i mentioned above?

Welcome, by the way. Hopefully, two weeks after DT plays in Australia you'll still be posting here.

ah thanks, I meant local transport in the areas as in what is available in certain areas (locals would know what’s best) for when i am there, I will be taking Air NZ (I don’t think there is a boat going to assize if there is it would take like a week) if i go cause I get staff travel. I saw tour dates for august but also saw that they did do one in June so was thinking that their might be one around November-March. Cause sad enough that’s my exam time during the next gigs. But yeah i will check out the current thread about the aussie one.
Thanks
and yes I Plan to Stay :p

They played twice in july (not june), but that was in Europe (wrong side of the world :rolleyes:). Also, their Australia/Japan/Korea tour is in september, not in august (luckily for you, just look at the date ;)).

As for november-march, i don't know (they haven't said anything yet), but i very much doubt it, as they have recording to do (which, i think they said, will start in october). But after the new album is released they'll probably start touring the world again (but my bet would be that, if they go to Oceania, that would be the last place where they'll go, since they'll have been there just a few months before), so you might get a chance to see them.

Great that you plan to stay. Few forum-things are more annoying that people who sign up, post once or twice about an upcoming/recent gig and disappear forever. :)

Me? Na, born a Kiwi and lived here my whole life :)

But I have been to Aussie twice in my life once when I was like 2 and the other one last year (Gold Coast)... But wow another Rayna out there ~bounces~. Actually I Remember back in high school when I started my new school a few years back, there was a second year girl named Rayna as well and spelt the same way. I was like... Damn not special. (Translation for you Americans... second year for you will be your sophomore year in high school).

But yeah back to the tour thing, sorry I just thought I read that they currently had one in Aussie and were going again :p But I doubt they will EVER come to New Zealand. we are becoming to much like mainstream America.. Very few people know about them I mean the only time when you will ever see them on television is if you stay up to 1am in the morning on a Friday night and watch the steel mill on the C4 Music Channel. They play all metal music for 1 hour and then you only get the slight chance in seeing a song every once and a while… But hey it’s still worth it even if you are grumpy the next day. (have discovered lots of other bands that way)

But I must Say. DT is a band that I have always known that I will be willing to Travel to Aussie to go and watch. Just I have never made actual plans to do it.

Yeah, but also was targeting the main stuff like MTV, We just recently got an MTV channel here with all that "Laguna beach" "punk'd" We also have another 3 music channels.

I used to be a huge follower of lots of American (USA) bands... Then they changed to much to a more fimular sound to every thing else... I understand that they are trying to remain in the industry that is now for hip hop etc but they killed the fans that were once with them from the start. I mean like SOAD and Tool and all those bands come here often for Big Day Out. (like an Ozfest) But I have never ever seen any underground band ever some. Unfortunately their will not be much market considering the world we live in… Its either hip hop or greenday :( Yo-Yo

Yeah its sad... My brother is just in his first years of high school and now all you hear on his ipod is all the 2pac stuff and all the music that can be categorized as "foreplay".... He used to like Metellica and all then when he was younger but soon as he hit high school.... everyone else liked hip hop so he naturally to stay popular had to change his tastes.... So sad.

I did, I threw all the albums I had put on his ipod, especially Exposures: In Retrospect & Denial. That album to me has a mild taste to it... But he hates it... I even threw in lots of Within Temptation and all that. (But now he downloads music on his phone and uses that as his "music maker" so he is kinda lost to me now) But an interesting fact when my dad heard it he said it was very, very good and he really enjoyed them but then again I just thought he was saying that to get in my good books after the horrible skiing trip. I really don't believe he really likes it. (This being a business man of like 55)

(The first song I made him listen to was the re-mastered song of Lethe)

Hey, welcome aboard, Rayna. Your name is beautiful. :)
So, what's your height? :p