New interview with Jeff

Traxan

Mar 10, 2012
http://www.blistering.com/fastpage/...id/3/tempidx/5/catid/4/restemp/N;/fPpagesel/2

Probably the most he ever talked on Nevermore. Here's his most salient quote:

Blistering.com: With the whole Nevermore thing, you’ve stayed relatively quiet, while Warrel [Dane, vocals] has made some statements regarding that he might get some new people, or he doesn’t know if they’ll continue. Are you going to remain with this stance and let the chips fall where they may?

Loomis: If they want to reform Nevermore with new members…I just don’t think that’s a great idea. A lot of the heart and soul is, and was, from the whole band. If you change up a band that drastically with the original drummer and guitar player, with somebody else, it’s not that band anymore. It’s not. It’s impossible. Sure, there’s guitar players out there who could learn and play this stuff, but as far as writing new material, it’s going to be a different band. It’s their call. I wouldn’t be hurt by it, but I know for a fact that it wouldn’t be right. It would be cheating the fans. I don’t keep in communication with those guys as much. I’m not ruling out that there would never be a reunion thing or a festival of some sorts in the future. I wouldn’t have a problem with that. But working with those guys again, it’s just not my cup of tea at all.

Here is the link from BM:
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=176798

It links out to the main interview which has 2 pages.

Still sad to see the direction this breakup took, but no use in crying about it any longer....hopefully WD keeps busy with Sanctuary and it takes off and takes the focus off NM for a little bit. He can do that plus his solo stuff while Jeff does his own thing, and maybe like Jeff said they will be able to patch things up and reuinte for some festival dates and special shows down the road.

Jeff used to be my favorite part of the band, as a guitar player. But this interview kinda pissed me off. He's kind of irritating these days. I pray for the day when he realizes Nevermore was the best thing he ever did. Idiot..

More touring on his part.

Euroblast Collective, Avocado Booking, InsideOut Music and Century Media Records have teamed up to bring you the finest in contemporary progressive metal with the first installment of the Euroblast Tour. The trek is headlined by former NEVERMORE guitarist Jeff Loomis, who has been a heavy influence on young shredders while keeping a fresh and modern edge to his music. U.K.'s MONUMENTS and Sweden's VILDHJARTA will be splitting the position of direct support while up-and-coming U.S. act STEALING AXION will open up the progressive, shred-astic djent extravaganza.

The dates are as follows:

Oct. 17 - Munich, Germany - Feierwerk
Oct. 18 - Aarau, Switzerland - Kiff
Oct. 20 - Cologne, Germany - Euroblast Festival
Oct. 21 - Brighton, England - Audio
Oct. 22 - Reading, England - Sub89
Oct. 23 - Liverpool, England - O2 Academy 2
Oct. 24 - Glasgow, Scotland - Cathouse
Oct. 25 - Dublin, Ireland - The Village
Oct. 26 - Leeds, England - The Well
Oct. 27 - Birmingham, England - O2 Academy 3
Oct. 28 - London, England - Underworld
Oct. 29 - Antwerp, Belgium - Trix
Oct. 30 - Kerkrade, Netherlands - The Rock Temple
Oct. 31 - Muenster, Germany - Sputnikhalle
Nov. 01 - Oslo, Norway - Sub Scene
Nov. 02 - Gothenburg, Sweden - Sticky Fingers
Nov. 05 - Helsinki, Finland - Tavastia
Nov. 07 - Copenhagen, Denmark - Templet
Nov. 08 - Berlin, Germany - Magnet
Nov. 10 - Prague, Czech Republic - Hoodoo
Nov. 11 - Budapest, Hungary - Dürer Kert
Nov. 12 - Vienna, Austria - Arena
Nov. 13 - Rome, Italy - Traffic Club
Nov. 14 - Legnano, Itlay - Land Of Live Club

Loomis and his solo band recently part in a 24-date, coast-to-coast U.S. tour with PROTEST THE HERO, PERIPHERY, THE SAFETY FIRE and TODAY I CAUGHT THE PLAGUE.

Jeff was accompanied on the stage by the following musicians:

* Joe Nurre (SHADED ENMITY) - Guitar
* Gregory Macklin (SYSTEM DIVIDE, ORDINANCE) - Bass
* Anup Sastry (INTERVALS, SKYHARBOR) - Drums

Loomis will next head out on a North American tour with THE CONTORTIONIST. The trek is scheduled to kick off on July 14 in Indianapolis, Indiana and run through August 3. Support will come from CHIMP SPANNER and 7 HORNS 7 EYES.

Loomis's second solo album, "Plains Of Oblivion", sold 2,900 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 179 on The Billboard 200 chart. The effort landed at No. 2 on the Top New Artist Albums (Heatseekers) chart, which lists the best-selling albums by new and developing artists, defined as those who have never appeared in the Top 100 of The Billboard 200.

"Plains Of Oblivion" was released on April 10 in North America (one day earlier in Europe) via Century Media Records. The CD was produced by Aaron Smith (7 HORNS 7 EYES) and features cover artwork by Colin Marks of Rain Song Design, who has previously worked with ALL SHALL PERISH, THE END and XERATH.

euroblasttour.jpg