Fave song to see live?

hurricanenita

MEGA MURRAY
Jun 30, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
www.twitter.com
Here's something I was just thinking about. We get asked in interviews all the time what our favorite songs to play live are and why. So I wonder- what is you guys' favorite song to see the Maidens do live and why? Remember- US, not the actual Iron Maiden. I'll go first. My fave song to watch the Maidens play is Wasted Years, because I always like watching the battle between Court and the monster. I have the best seat in the house. Side of the stage baby! :popcorn:

when i saw the band in Lima, Peru, i loved the way they played the songs flight of icarus, sun and steel and run to the hills! too bad you did not came to Peru! it would be nice to meet you and see you performing iron maiden songs!

Hallowed Be Thy Name

The guitar harmony part unites the band as well as the twin guitar attack at that time, Linda pounding away, Kirsten belting out the lines and Wanda goes a little nuts sometimes during that song, too.

I've never been lucky enough to actually see you girls in live.When I lived in the US,(in SC to be exact) you never came to the East Coast.Now I live in the UK,but I don't think you girls toured here in the last 2 years,and I just found out a few weeks ago that I missed Courtney and Nita,earlier this year,when they were here with Misstallica. :yell: I guess what I'm trying to say here is that PLEASE do a UK tour next year,'cos believe it or not,I actually want to see you girls more than I want to see the real Maiden!

Anyway...back to topic,and I'm pretty sure I'll go to Hell for saying this,but my fave performance from the ladies' repertoire would be definitely that "Women in uniform" video I saw few weeks ago on YouTube.Now I know how's this sound :oops: but how could I forget Courtney as a nurse...Good Lord that was YUMMY! I would love to see this with the current line-up too! ;) Nita! :D

Hallowed is my favorite Maiden song, and you all nailed it in San Diego this week. I agree that Wasted Years is great. The Trooper and Number are always fun too. Powerslave is probably my fav song that you didn't play this time. But pretty much any Maiden song that you are having fun playing will be good. I enjoy the dueling guitars too.

I promise I'll never gonna make that mistake again! If the Maidens will do a UK tour,I'll be there! (and I'll also look out for Consume the Fire too,as well!!!) ;)

Well, the last time I saw the IMs Aja, Sara & Liz were in the band... I loved Die with your boots on cause it just ROCKED, Rime was great too. Actually, they all blew me away! I hope I get to see you and Court play.

@ E.O.G: "Women in Uniform"? :guh: Not one of our faves... Yeah, I think that pretty much guarantees you a one-way, nonstop ticket to hell! :devil: (kidding :lol:)

@ Metallicat: Yeah, I'll take that Rime robe over the Trooper jacket any day! (Much more comfy, like a Snuggee) :lol:

And "Infinite" is one of my favorites to perform, too. :headbang:

Kirsten "Bruce Chickinson";10112425 said:
@ E.O.G: "Women in Uniform"? :guh: Not one of our faves... Yeah, I think that pretty much guarantees you a one-way, nonstop ticket to hell! :devil: (kidding :lol:)

:oops: I knew you'd say something like that! I'm running the risk to sound like a sexist bastard (which I am :devil: ) but it was soooo :loco: adorable!

And come to think of it....you girls aren't that innocent! Yeah you know what I'm talkin' about! Playing "22 Acacia Avenue"?! :eek::guh::OMG: :devil:

My favorite Maiden song is Rime of the Ancient Mariner but I have never seen the Maidens play it live. From the two shows I have been to I liked Wasted Years and Flash of the Blade. Wouldn't mind seeing the Maidens play Alexander the Great or Purgatory which is my favorite song from the Killers album.

Having seen you now about 5 times, I would say it's a tie between

The Evil That Men Do, to watch Nita sing along

Rime Of The Ancient Mariner, because you gals play the most awesome version of it!

What a great question Nita! Tough one too since there's so many great songs. I've always liked Heaven Can Wait from the standpoint that the band (although I've not seen TIM do much of this..hint hint) lets a bunch of fans on the stage to sing along in the Oh-A-Ohh part. Outside of the fan interaction, it's Rime. That song has everything in it. Fast, slow, harmonies, guitar jamming, drum pounding, and a great story line! In general, I'm attracted to the "non-standard" songs, you know, the songs that are not coarse verse, coarse solo, coarse finish. Where Eagles Dare is another thumper right from the start, I love that!