Songs The Maidens Should Dust Off

A7

Live to Win
Feb 9, 2008
Makati, Philippines
www.myspace.com
Last week, I was talking to Sara about some favorite Iron Maiden songs. It turns out that the Maidens haven't performed "Running Free" in four years (which means anyone other than Linda, Sara and Wanda haven't played it live at all!). This comes as a shock to me, as the song is a fundamental favorite among Iron Maiden fans, not to mention it's relatively easy to play compared to the more complex songs the Maidens play on a regular basis (i.e. "Phantom of the Opera," "Alexander the Great," etc.).

Aside from "Running Free," what other songs should the Maidens dust off? (Remember, we're only talking about songs the Maidens have already performed live at least once.)

Running Free is indeed a class song and easy to play as you said. That's one of very few songs I've never heard them doing along with Bring Your Daughter (which I doubt will come back into the set), Moonchild (Michael Kenney only song), Stranger In A Strange Land and Blood Brothers.

I'd love to see Be Quick Or Be Dead come back as an opener, it's such a high energy song and I love it. :D

EDIT - was just listening to Purgatory and would love to see that one come back too. (well any songs from the first two albums really! ;) )

When was the last time the Maidens played "Iron Maiden?"

I seem to recall that during the 1st 2 lineups, it was usually at the end of most shows, and it's hardly been played since.

I don't really miss Running Free, especially the extremely annoying audience participation part.

My top request for a song to "dust off" is Mariner!

To be honest, I am just happy to be able to see them. I wish I could see them more often regardless of what they play.

Personally, it shouldn't matter to me what the Maidens play live. I've only known them since January, and every gig I've seen has left me with a smile. Besides, it's great to hear the Maidens perform songs that Iron Maiden hardly play live anymore (i.e. "Invaders," "Tailgunner," etc.).

With a new lineup coming soon, the Maidens should dust off a bunch of songs not played in a long time. Here's what I'd like to hear from them:

Running Free
Remember Tomorrow
Iron Maiden
Murders in the Rue Morgue
Moonchild
Infinite Dreams

I just threw my hat in the ring for my favorite recent songs:

1) Rainmaker :heh:

2) Dream of Mirrors:devil:

3) Clansman (yes, I know it's Blaze-era, but Bruce covered it!)

I hope these make the live set one of these days. I certainly think the new lineup can tear these up!

Peter

I just threw my hat in the ring for my favorite recent songs:

1) Rainmaker :heh:

2) Dream of Mirrors:devil:

3) Clansman (yes, I know it's Blaze-era, but Bruce covered it!)

I hope these make the live set one of these days. I certainly think the new lineup can tear these up!

Peter

Who cares if it's Blaze era - The Clansman rocks!!!!!!!!! Man On The Edge is another big favourite of mine. :kickass: