The Iron Maidens Halloween Show @ Humboldt County

A7

Live to Win
Feb 9, 2008
Makati, Philippines
www.myspace.com
(Wow, I'm surprised neither Linda, Sara nor Wanda made any announcements about tonight's gig. So on behalf of The Iron Maidens, I'll make the announcement.)

In case some of you just joined us, our friends the Maidens are rockin' the Redwoods tonight in beautiful Humboldt County, CA. For those who are going tonight to support the Maidens, more power to you. Just drop by the boards and share your pics and stories with us after the show.

If you happen to be in Humboldt County, here's where the party will be:

Maiden Humboldt Presents Helloween* with The Iron Maidens (10-31-2008, 10:00 p.m., All Ages)
The Mateel Community Center
59 Rusk Lane
Redway, California 95560

In the meantime, let's all wish our friends the best on their gig tonight. Happy Halloween to you all! Up the Irons!

(*Not to be confused with the German power metal band of the same name.)

One of the best venues ever! I lived in Humboldt for 2 years a while ago, and seen a few concerts there. Its right near Garberville in the middle of gorgeous redwood territory near when some of the dankest green nuggets grow. Draws in a very cool crowd. Predominately a reggae venue, I wold like to hear how metal goes there.

It was a great show. Thanks to DuaneInIraq (who currently isn't) I was able to make it all the way up to Redway. Since the setlist will be wanted in Scotland, here it is:

Ides of March-Wrathchild
2 Minutes to Midnight
Flight of Icarus
Can I Play With Madness
Trooper
Wasted Years
Die w/yer Boots On
Aces High [a rare instance in the middle of a set]
# of the Beast
Evil That Men Do
Children of the Damned
Wickerman
Fear of the Dark
Hallowed
Run to the Hills

I'm looking forward to the 2nd The Iron MaidenS and Friends show next month.

I thought it would be, I just wanted to check. Thanks!! Guillermo in drag?? That I would love to see!! :lol:

he won our vote for best costume :kickass:

halloween_08_GG.jpg

this thing scared the crap outta me when it came creeping up the hill - people were calling it a timebandit but i'm not sure of the reference:

halloween_08_timebandit.jpg

halloween_08_timebanditDARK.jpg

Hey I see Wanda all dressed up too, Will she come and clean my house with that outfit and will she wear them shoes tooo?

this thing scared the crap outta me when it came creeping up the hill - people were calling it a timebandit but i'm not sure of the reference:

It's been at least 20 years since I've seen Time Bandits, but just to verify, I checked the trailer out on YouTube. Yes, that creature was from that film.

I gotta go buy that movie and see it again.

One of the best venues ever! I lived in Humboldt for 2 years a while ago, and seen a few concerts there. Its right near Garberville in the middle of gorgeous redwood territory near when some of the dankest green nuggets grow. Draws in a very cool crowd. Predominately a reggae venue, I wold like to hear how metal goes there.

It tends to be predominately reggae because thats the shows the make a large amount of money in the area. I know a few people that have lost quite a bit bringing bands in. But either way, a good crowd comes out that knows how to go wild and have fun.

As for the show, you guys fucking kicked ass and Guillermo looked gorgeous. Thanks for once again gracing Humboldt with your presence.