Songs the Maidens Haven't Played

Which of these songs should The Iron Maidens try performing live?

• Charlotte the Harlot (first album)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Innocent Exile (Killers)

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Total Eclipse (The Number of the Beast)

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • To Tame a Land (Piece of Mind)

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • The Duelists (Powerslave)

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Back in the Village (Powerslave)

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Heaven Can Wait (Somewhere in Time)

• Only the Good Die Young (Seventh Son of a Seventh Son)

• Afraid to Shoot Strangers (Fear of the Dark)

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Sign of the Cross (The X Factor)

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • The Clansman (Virtual XI)

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Ghost of the Navigator (Brave New World)

• Brave New World (Brave New World)

• Dream of Mirrors (Brave New World)

• Out of the Silent Planet (Brave New World)

• Wildest Dreams (Dance of Death)

• Rainmaker (Dance of Death)

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Dance of Death (Dance of Death)

• Paschendale (Dance of Death)

• The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg (A Matter of Life and Death)

• Total voters
HAHA 100 guys to get to him. Thats unreal! Maybe its some twisted British humour gag.

So E.O.G. do you still believe what you typed,
"you should still give a listen to the Blaze-era albums,because those songs are as good as any other Maiden songs.If you don't wanna do that,it's fine,but trust me - you'll miss some really great songs!"

The real question is, "How in the blazes did Blaze get the job?"

Again...short answers::lol:

Yes,I still love most of the "Blaze-era" songs.Of course not because of his "wonderful" voice!:lol::lol::lol:

Steve and Blaze were good friends,that's how he got the job! But after 5 yrs of suffering even he had to admit that they can't do shit about Bruce.(Rumor has it,that the others were threatening him with leaving the band.)

Actually I love Meatloaf. Bat Out of Hell is one of the best rock albums of all time in my book. Not a bad idea to have the E Street band backing him either. Bat 2 and 3 have some good bits, but Bat 1 is grade A. Excellent concept album. I think its about a guy who crashes on a motorcycle, and teh entire album is that moment between death and the afterlife when you go through your whole life. That's my take on the album.

I don't hate Blaze either, its just once you've heard Bruce's Maiden, its a huge buzzkill!

Personally, I don't hate Blaze. I mean, his works on his own band and Wolfsbane are probably solid, but he just wasn't cut for Maiden.

And I can ditto that.His voice definitely didn't suit Maiden very well,but he worked his ass off to try to fit in,and wrote a couple of good songs,so he's got my respect for that!

I respect Blaze a great deal for his guts - not an easy job to follow one of the greatest voice ever - and have to bear the criticism for not being Bruce.
He has a soft spot in my heart - because he did help keep Maiden alive as a viable artistic unit until Bruce returned. And I agree - some very good songs came to be as a result! :headbang:

RE Prodigal Son - Thanks John! I would love to wrap my vocal cords around that one- I absolutely love that song!!!! Regretfully, the logistics involved in getting it to sound the way it should make it a less likely addition to the show than other songs... :cry:

I respect Blaze a great deal for his guts - not an easy job to follow one of the greatest voice ever - and have to bear the criticism for not being Bruce.
He has a soft spot in my heart - because he did help keep Maiden alive as a viable artistic unit until Bruce returned. And I agree - some very good songs came to be as a result! :headbang:

RE Prodigal Son - Thanks John! I would love to wrap my vocal cords around that one- I absolutely love that song!!!! Regretfully, the logistics involved in getting it to sound the way it should make it a less likely addition to the show than other songs... :cry:

Maybe we can hear your lovely voice singing this song on a CD!!!:headbang::) Hope you are all doing well!

Hey, maybe you can sit in on a song with us John, just like the early days! LOL! Do you even have your guitar any more???? I think I might have one of them!!! Hmmmm...... :err: Miss you!

A few months ago, I had a dream of the Maidens debuting their new lineup. The song they used to open the show was "Wildest Dreams," as it's about starting over again. I told Mark about this dream and he says he'll look into the Maidens performing this song.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mmv3QIG3B28]"Wildest Dreams"[/ame]

A few months ago, I had a dream of the Maidens debuting their new lineup. The song they used to open the show was "Wildest Dreams," as it's about starting over again. I told Mark about this dream and he says he'll look into the Maidens performing this song.

"Wildest Dreams"

We actually learned this song for our debut show with our former singer to perform as the opening song at the Galaxy for that exact reason, but at the end of the day we went with something else.

We actually learned this song for our debut show with our former singer to perform as the opening song at the Galaxy for that exact reason, but at the end of the day we went with something else.

Wow...I didn't know that. Well, I think this year would be a perfect opportunity for the Maidens to perform the song. After all, it's a clean slate this year.

As of this week, "Heaven Can Wait" is no longer a song the Maidens haven't played, as they debuted it this past Saturday. Unfortunately, the settings on this board won't allow me to re-edit the poll.:mad:

The Maidens also surprised fans by performing "Cross-Eyed Mary", a Jethro Tull song covered by Maiden as a B-side. This now opens suggestions for other B-sides for the Maidens to cover.

Good one, Kirsten. I should've included that song on the poll in the first place. Oh well.

It is in the poll already Jeremy :D :loco:

The other one we talked about on these bb's that we really wanted to play someday was Flash of the Blade but it would require a 3rd guitarist to do it right. Maybe someday!