Songs the Maidens Haven't Played

Which of these songs should The Iron Maidens try performing live?

• Charlotte the Harlot (first album)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Innocent Exile (Killers)

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Total Eclipse (The Number of the Beast)

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • To Tame a Land (Piece of Mind)

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • The Duelists (Powerslave)

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Back in the Village (Powerslave)

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Heaven Can Wait (Somewhere in Time)

• Only the Good Die Young (Seventh Son of a Seventh Son)

• Afraid to Shoot Strangers (Fear of the Dark)

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Sign of the Cross (The X Factor)

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • The Clansman (Virtual XI)

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Ghost of the Navigator (Brave New World)

• Brave New World (Brave New World)

• Dream of Mirrors (Brave New World)

• Out of the Silent Planet (Brave New World)

• Wildest Dreams (Dance of Death)

• Rainmaker (Dance of Death)

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Dance of Death (Dance of Death)

• Paschendale (Dance of Death)

• The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg (A Matter of Life and Death)

• Total voters
You like X Factor but hate To Tame a Land?

And she's not alone with it.The X-Factor,and the Virtual XI are both fantastic albums,and I say this altogether with the fact that I hate Blaze's singing! But most of the songs on those two albums are actually better or even with songs from other Maiden albums,so yes,still "To tame a land" is the worst song that Iron Maiden ever did in their entire career. Musically speaking it's mediocre,one of the so-called filler songs on POM,and lyrically it's an utter crap.While on the other hand,those Blaze-era albums got songs like "Sign of the cross" (which is fantastic,musically and lyrically) "Lord of the flies" (ditto) "Futureal" (one of the fastest Maiden song ever written) or "The Clansman" (which is just as gold classic as - let's say - Hallowed be thy name!)! So even though "To tame a land" was sung by Bruce,and it was part of one of the most beloved Maiden albums,it just can't make the cut! If the ladies would make another CD,which only contains the cover of "The Clansman" I would buy it,that's for sure! I'm in love with this song and I have nothing to do with scottish patriotism...it's my 2nd favorite Maiden song of all-time!

Hmmm. Maiden with no Bruce is not a world I want to live in. ou say Blaze sucked, as he rightfully did, but Bruce is clearly the real singer of Maiden.

Hmmm. Maiden with no Bruce is not a world I want to live in. ou say Blaze sucked, as he rightfully did, but Bruce is clearly the real singer of Maiden.

What I'm trying to tell you,is that though IMO Bruce is one of the best singers of the world,and definitely he is the real deal for Maiden,still "To tame a land" sucks.Also what I'm trying to say is even though you hate Blaze's voice (as much as I do) you should still give a listen to the Blaze-era albums,because those songs are as good as any other Maiden songs.If you don't wanna do that,it's fine,but trust me - you'll miss some really great songs!

I hear ya brother. I have those albums. The problem is getting through the album still awake.

I hear ya brother. I have those albums. The problem is getting through the album still awake.

:lol::lol::lol: Yeah,well...those aren't the most dynamic songs I've ever heard that's for sure,but some of them still very memorable! Maybe a couple of Red Bulls could help you through them! :cool:

Didn't you just get finished saying the Blaze songs are just as good as other Maiden songs? Now you are saying they are just memorable.

To Tame a Land does not suck. What kind of statement is that?

The Trooper sucks.

I would pay the Maidens to play Prodigal Son! Can't believe it didn't make the list! I think it would be great if they brought a guest guitarist (who would would bring their own gear ;)) on stage with them to nail the sound, say someone like Michelle Meldrum (Phantom Blue) or other hot female or even male artist. Aja's voice would just make this song even better!

Didn't you just get finished saying the Blaze songs are just as good as other Maiden songs? Now you are saying they are just memorable.

To Tame a Land does not suck. What kind of statement is that?

The Trooper sucks.

Short answers:

Just as good or memorable...doesn't matter,just a figure of speech.They're good,that's it.

I don't know what kinda statement is this but yes,"To tame a land" sucks.

And "The trooper" doesn't.It's just overplayed.

:lol::lol::lol:

But you do agree Hotel California sucks right? Not just overplayed? I mean just blatantly sucks!

I rarely listen to other type of music than metal,except when I'm at some public place (preferably some bar!) and then I couldn't care less what they're playing,so I cannot really tell...as I don't listen to radio,it is certainly not overplayed for me!:lol:

I like To Tame a Land. Who else has a Dune song?

Maybe Msiden needs a Star Wars song.

Or at least a song about Siths or something.

I don't know, is there a Maiden song about Tolkein? I can't think of one. At least Zeppelin has one.

"To Tame a Land" and "The Clansman" are currently tied on the lead with six votes each. Anyone here want to do a tiebreaker?

BTW, I went to YouTube and checked out the original studio recordings of "Sign of the Cross" and "The Clansman." Ugh! "Sign of the Cross" is mind-numbingly slow. And Blaze shows absolutely no emotion and no passion on either of the two songs. After going through those versions, I'm so glad that Bruce saved them from complete obscurity.

So E.O.G. do you still believe what you typed,
"you should still give a listen to the Blaze-era albums,because those songs are as good as any other Maiden songs.If you don't wanna do that,it's fine,but trust me - you'll miss some really great songs!"

The real question is, "How in the blazes did Blaze get the job?"