Songs the Maidens Haven't Played

Which of these songs should The Iron Maidens try performing live?

• Charlotte the Harlot (first album)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Innocent Exile (Killers)

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Total Eclipse (The Number of the Beast)

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • To Tame a Land (Piece of Mind)

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • The Duelists (Powerslave)

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Back in the Village (Powerslave)

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Heaven Can Wait (Somewhere in Time)

• Only the Good Die Young (Seventh Son of a Seventh Son)

• Afraid to Shoot Strangers (Fear of the Dark)

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Sign of the Cross (The X Factor)

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • The Clansman (Virtual XI)

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Ghost of the Navigator (Brave New World)

• Brave New World (Brave New World)

• Dream of Mirrors (Brave New World)

• Out of the Silent Planet (Brave New World)

• Wildest Dreams (Dance of Death)

• Rainmaker (Dance of Death)

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Dance of Death (Dance of Death)

• Paschendale (Dance of Death)

• The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg (A Matter of Life and Death)

• Total voters
I've been jonesing for "Back In The Village" and "Nomad" , but don't think that the Maiden ever played them live.
Hope the Iron Maidens will cover these.

I've been jonesing for "Back In The Village" and "Nomad" , but don't think that the Maiden ever played them live.
Hope the Iron Maidens will cover these.

Playing songs Iron Maiden haven't done live is the Maidens' specialty. They've received praise by Steve Harris for covering "Alexander the Great", but he still refuses to have Maiden perform it live.

Two of my favorites: Rainmaker and Dream of Mirrors. I'd be totally stoked if the ladies would add either of these songs to the setlist.

I'd like to hear the Maidens cover "Gangland". Should be fun for Linda to play. :)

Teehee! I actually played that song with the very first band I was ever in. We were a 3 piece all girl band that played a lot of Maiden, Led Zeppelin and a couple U2 songs as well as our own original material. So funny! :p

Great choice!!! That opening riff is SO difficult to play tho!! :erk:

Its a toughie all right! :( Definitely one of the hardest Maiden riffs to play. I love the song though.

I love Gangland as well, but I know Steve Harris hates it.

Something from No Prayer, like The Assassin or Mother Russia would be cool as well though!

Just wondering, why does 'Arry hate the song? Did it have to do with Clive Burr leaving the band (as he co-wrote the song)?

I have no idea. He also hates Invaders, which I really dont get, as that is one of the best songs on the album. I doubt him hating Gangland has anything to do with Clive, as they played Total Eclipse a lot live on the NOTB tour, (which Clive also co-wrote) and Steve wrote Invaders, and he hates that one! He just doesnt like the songs, which is a shame, as Id like to see Maiden play them live, especially Invaders.

I have no idea. He also hates Invaders, which I really dont get, as that is one of the best songs on the album. I doubt him hating Gangland has anything to do with Clive, as they played Total Eclipse a lot live on the NOTB tour, (which Clive also co-wrote) and Steve wrote Invaders, and he hates that one! He just doesn't like the songs, which is a shame, as Id like to see Maiden play them live, especially Invaders.

Well, as a lot of people already know, 'Arry also refuses to play "Alexander the Great" live, so the Maidens have Iron Maiden beat on that and "Invaders" (which, hopefully, will return to the set list soon).

Seeing the poll once again, it looks like the Maidens should practice "The Clansman" and "To Tame a Land" :Smokedev: for Jenna's U.S. return on December. ;)