Layering Different Amps

jauernis

Feb 11, 2007
Frisco, CA
www.myspace.com
I'm sure this has been answere jsut having trouble finding it.

If I want to layer a 5150 and windsor can I use two different amps on one DI and blend?

SO let's say I have only dual tracked and am reamping....on both sides I want the 5150 and the windsor but do not want to quad track. Can I blend those two amps and the mics will stay in the same position.

Is that normal to layer amps on one performance?

Sorry such a noob question just never had two amps at once in my posession

I'm sure this has been answere jsut having trouble finding it.

If I want to layer a 5150 and windsor can I use two different amps on one DI and blend?

SO let's say I have only dual tracked and am reamping....on both sides I want the 5150 and the windsor but do not want to quad track. Can I blend those two amps and the mics will stay in the same position.

Is that normal to layer amps on one performance?

Sorry such a noob question just never had two amps at once in my posession

You can always try, but remember to phase the clips correctly. I use this one myself, it has a one 500hz cycle and silence. How to use it is to put that at the beginning of the guitar track, then record the reamped signal to a track. Then zoom in as close as possible and align the 500hz loop and you should be in phase

Go for it.... I've heard some great blended amp tones. Just treat it like you were treating multiple mic recordings.