Reamped through 15 different amps

why exactly?

The DIs weren't exactly the best thing for a tone test, at least I don't think so.

There's nothing wrong with the playing, but something always sounded sort of indistinct with these DIs to my ear; I don't really know how to explain it. All the clips sounded a bit cloudy to me. It may have been Eddy's mic positioning or something about the DIs. I'm not sure. Not for nothing, but I didn't have the easiest time getting something I was happy with from these DIs when I did the practice reamp, either. I have a pretty standard go-to mic positioning and eqing of my amp that always "works;" (this doesn't necessarily mean it sounds great, either) It didn't seem to work for these DIs.

This isn't mean to be offensive, only constructive.

of course, no offense taken :)

the thing is, my signal chain was actually pretty good (emg 81 loaded esp -> studio projects vtb1 hz in -> rme fireface conversion.....you might frown upon the vtb1, but i bought a couple of DI boxes and did a shootout with them as well as the vtb1 and the rme hiZ in, and the vtb was clearly the best sounding imho, that's why i went with that one for the album) so this is kinda irritating...
makes me wonder what i can improve for the next recording you know?

Woah thats really cool to listen to, thanks for doin this.
Also did anyone else think that the Bogner Ecstasy with 2 SM57's sounded pretty similar to the EVH 5150 III with 2 KMS104's??
atleast in the first 2 riffs anyways, maybe its just me....
I think they were my favourites, and the Peavey 5150 aswell.

Just got back to this thread to point the link to someone else, I will check if there wasn't a mistake on the files naming.