So I need an additional amp

I love my GT8 and see no reason to ever upgrade to the GT10. I use it much like you, just for 4 cable method with my 5150 to get a solid clean sound and even my old GT5 excelled at that. The GT10 is ugly compared to the GT8 too :lol:

Last edited:
I love my GT8 and see no reason to ever upgrade to the GT10. I use it much like you, just for 4 cable method with my 5150 to get a solid clean sound and even my old GT5 excelled at that. The GT10 looks gay compared to the GT8 too :lol:

I know, right? GT-8 looks absolute beast. I think the GT-10 maybe exists to just milk the market. Nicer screen, but bullshit to that if the GT-8 does the same shit.

Read some stuff on cables the other day, some dude recommending cables with twisted-pair conductors, particularly for the cables coming in and out of the amp's effects loop to keep the signal clean. I need new cables anyway, so if I go this route I'm looking at Planet Waves Custom series. They're decent priced, too.

I wanna use my SD-1 with my 6505 preamp always, won't ever need to turn that off, so I guess I can use 4 cable + 1 patch, I figure I can go from this:

- Guitar to GT input.
- GT send to amp guitar input.
- Amp loop send to GT return.
- GT output to amp loop return.

to this:

- Guitar to GT input.
- GT send to Boss SD-1 input.
- Boss SD-1 output to amp guitar input.
- Amp loop send to GT return.
- GT output to amp loop return.

If my theory's right then when using the pre-amp contained in the GT loop, I'll always be going through the SD-1 first, with the SD getting bypassed whenever the 6505 preamp is.

I guess with no pre-amp the 6505 is silent?