Layne Staley, 6 years

Oblivious Maximus

I am the worm
Nov 5, 2003
Serving time in the middle of nowhere
_1942069_layne_staley_tp300.gif

Today marks 6 years since Layne's passing. Currently listening to Alice In Chains - Sludge Factory

I'll say it a million times Layne was one of the best vocalists around. So much emotion, so much fucking SOUL. His harmonies with Jerry, oh my god! Sounded like a fucking ghost comming through your speakers. It's even more chilling now that he's gone.

Layne was rad, Jerry should just let the band lay to rest. Bringing in this new singer is not favorable in my eyes. I think they should call it something else if they do make a new album.

I hated Alice In Chains until I saw them live. They opened 3 different shows I went to in just a few months and by the 3rd time I saw them, I was hooked.

I remember waiting outside the Darien Lake Ampitheater (near Buffalo N.Y.) in June 91', waiting for the Clash of the Titans show, featuring Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax, opening was Alice in Chains. There were a bunch of chants going on: "Alice in Chains Suck, Alice in Chains Suck". After seeing them live, I was impressed and saw them 2 other times (when they opened for bigger bands). I didn't consider them a typical Alternative band back then (I hated most of the Alternative sh*t that came out during the early to mid 90's), but I did like A.I.C. I wish Layne would have went to rehab, cleaned up his act & got back with Jerry to reform A.I.C.

Fuck me, man, Alice In Chains have always been among my top three... such a damn shame.
Drugs are baaaad, mmkay? :-( R.I.P. Layne

I remember waiting outside the Darien Lake Ampitheater (near Buffalo N.Y.) in June 91', waiting for the Clash of the Titans show, featuring Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax, opening was Alice in Chains. There were a bunch of chants going on: "Alice in Chains Suck, Alice in Chains Suck". After seeing them live, I was impressed and saw them 2 other times (when they opened for bigger bands). I didn't consider them a typical Alternative band back then (I hated most of the Alternative sh*t that came out during the early to mid 90's), but I did like A.I.C. I wish Layne would have went to rehab, cleaned up his act & got back with Jerry to reform A.I.C.

Same here, but at the Weedsport NY show. Layne was quite pissed about the chants of Slayer during their set. They were excellent though.