Learning to drive manual for the first time...

dayum straight ^

i actually learned how to drive on stick-shift. ive only owned one car that was automatic, because i had no choice, and i hated it. although it does make multitasking a fuck of a lot easier...especially eating.

Being lazy > not being lazy.

Stick shift is entirely incompatible with my life philosophy.

No it isn't. I would rather concentrate on the music I'm listening to than worrying about the fucking stick shift. And driving isn't fun to begin with, so moving a lever every once in a while sure isn't going to make it any more fun.

What you don't seem to be taking into consideration is the person in question. I get no joy out of driving, and adding an additional task as an obstacle between getting me from point A to point B isn't going to make me a happy camper.

ive owned both. honestly, i fail to see how having a standard is more fun or advantageous. it's just one more thing to take away from eating, switching out cds, or fondling boobs or vagine in the car. it's especially a pain in the ass in traffic or dealing with lots of traffic lights.

automatic is just easier.

Just 3 minutes ago there was an accident on the 3 lane freeway going home. Thanks to my automatic, I made good on an annoying situation by pulling out a chicken sandwich. Twas awesome. :kickass:

From where I am from, everyone from where you're from is considered a homosexual. :lol:

hahaha burn.

i would say the entire manual/auto debate hinges on the type of car. while nice on a higher-end automobile, a stick shift quickly becomes more annoying than desirable on your roommate's 15-year-old nissan pathfinder.

ive owned both. honestly, i fail to see how having a standard is more fun or advantageous. it's just one more thing to take away from eating, switching out cds, or fondling boobs or vagine in the car/QUOTE]

I could not have said it better myself. It's also much more difficult to get a beej when you have to keep shifting gears. Not that I have that concern these days, but I'm just sayin...

Automatics are part of the sard philosophy. The only reason I'd buy a manual (Yes, I can drive one, learned that one first) is if it was a supercar, at which point automatics are silly.