Learning to drive manual for the first time...

When I was in high school (circa '88) my parents bought a new car. It had a moon roof and a cassette player (our other cars didn't have one). I HAD to drive this car!!! I would be the fucking king!! It was a manual. I couldn't drive one. I still loathe them for making such a calculated move.

It's not that hard, if your instructor actually tells you why you use the clutch and downshifting in turns for example (engine rpms will drop too low and car could stall) or how exactly to get it moving by letting the clutch out as you push in the gas (hardest part) biut overall it's not that difficult once you get a feel for it and develop a style. I got a car moving from 5th gear once (My father still can't do it.)

It's just your backwards underdeveloped imbecile country that has everyone driving a kiddie version of a car, if I could do it when I was 11 you should be able to do it at 31. Stop fuckin whining.

Europeans whine about automatics as much as they whine about Internet Explorer and Windows

man what I'm reading here is pretty weird. You don't see much people driving manual Thanatopsis? That's all I see here, especially with the younger crowd. Older people seem to shift to automatic, but everyone under 30 drives a manual. And yeah, captain beard is right about driving manual. It isn't really hard and you only need like 1 hour of driving for 3 days to become pretty comfortable with it. You need someone to explain you how the clutch works and stuff, but no one can really teach you how to drive manual. It's all about the feeling. I can still put my music pretty loud and it won't affect my driving much. I've owned that car for only 4 days and it's already getting natural. My biggest issues are hills, they can be annoying if there's a car behind you.

Getting a blowjob while driving stick is not hard. Having a 7,000 rpm redline and 6 million miles of local freeways doesn't hurt.

Automatics are gay. Never owned one. Never will.

ive owned both. honestly, i fail to see how having a standard is more fun or advantageous. it's just one more thing to take away from eating, switching out cds, or fondling boobs or vagine in the car. it's especially a pain in the ass in traffic or dealing with lots of traffic lights.

automatic is just easier.
Why is the word vagine so damned funny right now:lol: ...I have both tho', 87 mustang that runs high 11's(stick of course)
and 96 Blazer just to romp through the mud(and asshole neighbors' yards) which is automatic

lol, my 17 mpg 4x4 has a 5-speed auto. I was worried about that at first but then I realized, "oh wait, I dont have to shift anymore? Cool!"