Least favourite extreme vocalists

E-bortion said:
And the second Cryptopsy vocalist (Not Lacroix, not Lord Worm, I forget his name)

Amen. DiSalvio was just terrible. He almost ruined both "Whisper Supremacy" and "And Then You'll Beg", imo.

Temnozor's vocalist is pretty shite too, and some of Vintersorg's clean vocal parts on "Epic" are very annoying.

I agree with Glen Benton, and although I've grown to tolerate him a bit, I still greatly dislike Jens Kidman's howls, especially when it keeps me from concentrating on the music. I also have a long-standing aversion to hardcore shouts, other than Mastodon and Isis (good job cutting down on them) I find them basically unbearable.

What's wrong with the work Barnes and Fisher have done with Cannibal Corpse?

Barnes is actually one of my favorite vocalists and listen to "Unleashing the Bloodthirsty" or any of that album for an example of why Fisher fucking owns.

Will Bozarth said:
Yeah, the vocals sounded a little bit too hardcore on Warp Zone, but if you heard the pre-production of the new album, Dan Mongrain decided to go more "thrash" style vocals.

Opeth17 said:
What's wrong with the work Barnes and Fisher have done with Cannibal Corpse?
i liked barnes back then, but now i find his performance on those albums sorta silly. it might just be the influence of six feet under clouding my ears though, who knows.

fisher on the other hand, what a fucking monster. i never fully appreciated that dude until i saw them live, that dude is INTENSE.

One Inch Man said:
i liked barnes back then, but now i find his performance on those albums sorta silly. it might just be the influence of six feet under clouding my ears though, who knows.

Silly? I could understand people thinking of it as sub-par possibly, but silly seems odd to me. Unless of course you consider death vocals in and of themselves to be silly, then I can see where you're coming from. :tickled:

He has done some stuff that people will laugh at, like most of his performances on Bringer of Blood and the cover stuff, but I think it's hilarious and great. TNT cracks me up, but instead of being all pissed off, I just smile and enjoy it. The guy is just having a good time and doing what he thinks fucking rules. Kudos to that. I love SFU, I can't deny the simple, awesome groove a lot of those songs have. Beneath a Black Sky? 4:20? Hell. Fuckin. Yeah.