Leaving in 10 minutes

I just got home and things didn't go any better at the Borgata; however, I did get to meet everyone except Charlie thanks to the persistance of my wonderful hubby (who will be thanked many times over for this).

Before we left, I told Gary to print out the email confirmations we received from the CDC saying we got into the meet and greet; however, my brother never got to print his, and unfortunately, didn't get in to meet them. So we get to the box office and ask the employee about the meet and greet. He takes my drivers license, looks for my name, but doesn't see anything under Amtrax (yes, he said Amtrax). I asked a few times. Even though I thought I had prepared myself for this, I wasn't. I was upset. Someone came over to me and asked me if I, too, was not on the list even though I should have been and I said yes. I decided to hang around for a bit in that area just to see if anything changed. I saw these guys go up and tickets so I went over again to the employee and asked him if he had looked in the area for the tickets or backstage passes. He said backstage passes. I said ok, did some people not get on the list or everyone. He said some were on, some weren't. I still don't think that guy knew his ass from his elbow.

We went upstairs and I gave Gary the emails. He started talking to different security guards and eventually the tour manager. It was only because we had the emails that we got backstage. If we didn't have them, we wouldn't have gotten in. We were told to be back at 9:30, 9:35 for the meet and greet. However, there were only four of us. So how did the guy at the box office tell me some people were on the list and some weren't? Security did seem to know what was going on too as far as when the meet and greet would take place so I don't doubt that the meet and greet was supposed to take place.

We went back stage and I FROZE. I had my camera but never took it out. I had a magazine that I wanted them to sign and I had Scott sign the wrong picture, I flipped for like a good half minute trying to find Frank's page and he patiently waited for me to find his picture, Dan signed his and Joey signed his. Scott mentioned something about the magazine being old school, Frank called himself a hippie and Joey pointed out a watch to Dan. I think its pretty clear that I really like Frank. The picture I wanted him to sign is my favorite picture of him. He went and drew a little mustache, gotee and eyebrows onto the picture. Joey said dude, stop that she might really like that picture (and I was thinking yeah, I love that picture) but that's ok becasue now I have a story to go with the picture.

They said they would be back in January and hopefully things will be better by then. I was really upset before we got inside but once they started playing, all was forgiven, even if I wasn't sure if I would get into the meet and greet. Needless to say, Anthrax was fucking awesome and I can't wait to see them again.

Rob Halford had the flu but let me tell you, they fucking rocked. :headbang: I'm not a Judas Priest fan but I was thoroughly impressed with everything - singing, guitars, drums, stage show. The whole package was phenominal.

The ticket was expensive considering I have never seen Judas Priest and was only going for Anthrax. But now that I went, I think the price to see Judas Priest alone would have been ok.

I spent my time weasling away from security so I could get into better seats. They caught me once and tried to send me to the back section, but that didn't work... I just disappeared into the crowd and got even closer seats.

You should've identified yourself to me backstage. Sorry about the hassles. As the opening act, sometimes getting our guests and people taken care of is out of our control.

I forgot I have a scanner. Doh! So this is the "new and improved" Frank picture. Don't laugh that the actual picture is one of my all time favorites.

FrankBello.jpg

Mr. Wu said:
You should've identified yourself to me backstage. Sorry about the hassles. As the opening act, sometimes getting our guests and people taken care of is out of our control.

Last night was one of the rare instances I was speechless, otherwise believe me, I would have told you who I was. After everything was said and done, I did think that it was probably different being the opening act instead of the headliner. Thanks for a great memory!

Metal Thrashing Mark said:
Wow must've been cool to meet them.:cool:
What song's they play anyway??:headbang:

I am really bad with this stuff and never remember the all the songs. This is the best I can remember and in no order:

Among the Living
Medusa
Caught in a Mosh
Indians
I am the Law
Got the Time
Madhouse
N.F.L.
Antisocial
Be All End All

eighteeschick said:
I am really bad with this stuff and never remember the all the songs. This is the best I can remember and in no order:

Among the Living
Medusa
Caught in a Mosh
Indians
I am the Law
Got the Time
Madhouse
N.F.L.
Antisocial
Be All End All

Cool,so they'll be back in january hopefully a N.Y.C date somewhat closer to home here now that the downtown closed here on L.I there really is no place for hard rock/Metal bands to play except sunday nights at the Crazy donkey and I get up too early for work to stay up till 2:00 or 3:00 A.M:cry:

I'm only guessing this but I'm think it will be a headlining tour. That's only my guess though. Hopefully they will play NYC like the Roseland. I like it better than Irving Plaza. But I'll go where they go. I haven't driven the turnpike since 2003 and I drove to AC and back yesterday for the show so I know I'll drive to upstate NY if I had too.