Led Zep Reunion

Symphony

PQ member
Jan 8, 2002
Southampton, UK
www.power-quest.co.uk
LED ZEPPELIN CONFIRM REUNION GIG:
Rock group Led Zeppelin are to reform for a tribute concert to the Atlantic Records co-founder Ahmet Ertegun.
Singer Robert Plant, guitarist Jimmy Page and bassist John Paul Jones will perform together for the first time in 19 years. Tickets for the one-off show at the O2 arena in London on 26 November will cost £125 and be allocated by ballot. Pete Townshend and Bill Wyman will also perform. Ertegun, who signed Led Zeppelin in 1968, died last year.
"During the Zeppelin years, Ahmet Ertegun was a major foundation of solidarity and accord," Plant said. "For us, he was Atlantic Records and remained a close friend and conspirator. This performance stands alone as a tribute to the work and life of a longstanding friend."
The news is likely to spark a huge rush for tickets as devoted fans around the world scramble to get into what could be the band's last show. Promoter Harvey Goldsmith said tickets would only be available to those who registered on a dedicated website - and that a limit of two applications per household had been imposed. Fans have been excitedly discussing the show on message boards - but many are concerned about how difficult it will be to get a ticket.
"Who wants to join me sleeping outside the O2 until I can get a ticket?" wrote one. "And if that doesn't work, I can also sell myself into slavery, or if all of me is not wanted, I will auction off my blood, organs and all worldly possessions. Think I'm kidding?"
Another wrote: "Anybody got three grand to spare for a ticket? I bet that's what the going rate will be. Touts will have a field day with this one." And another comment said: "The tickets will be silly money to start with and the sharks will make a killing. It will be hard for them to perform anywhere near their old levels, and I fear there will be a whole lotta disappointment!"
Uncut magazine writer Chris Roberts told BBC Radio Five Live: "A younger generation - as well as the people who might remember Led Zeppelin from the first time around - are very excited about this. "Reunion tours are big at the moment - The Police, Genesis, etc - but this is the one most people really didn't think would happen. They're pretty much the Picasso of heavy rock. Led Zeppelin's albums have certainly lasted the test of time and they're pretty much the template of heavy rock at its best."
With their pounding, blues-influenced anthems and explosive stadium shows, the band paved the way for artists across the worlds of heavy metal and alternative rock. Their best-known songs include Stairway to Heaven, Whole Lotta Love, Rock and Roll, Kashmir and Communication Breakdown - although they never released singles in the UK. They are one of only four acts to have sold more than 100 million albums in the US - the others being The Beatles, Elvis Presley and Garth Brooks.
Led Zeppelin's last full concert was in Berlin in July 1980 - two months before John Bonham died.
Page, Plant and Jones performed at Live Aid five years later, and also get back together at a concert to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Atlantic Records in 1988. But a rift opened between Jones and the other two band members opened after Page and Plant started working together without him in the 1990s. Rumours of a reconciliation surfaced several years ago, leading to speculation about a reunion. Their return follows comebacks by a number of other rock and pop legends, such as The Police, Genesis, the Spice Girls, Crowded House and Take That. The concert coincides with the release of a new two-CD best of compilation, Mothership, on 13 November. Other acts lined up for the show include Foreigner and Paolo Nutini.
WebLink:
news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6990704.stm.

I'd say they'll probably do a tour afterwards if all goes well, lots of money to be made there! It's a horrific ticket price but the fact is that they can get away with it!

I heard that it was meant to be in aid of charity, if so then that almost justifies the huge ticket price, so long as a large chunk of it goes to the charity.

I saw Genesis earlier this year and their ticket prices weren't that much but the were very high none the less, same with Queen (though i didn't go and see them as i didn't like the singer they found). I guess these bands just know they can ask the high amounts as it's almost a miracle that they've got back together and most of their fans would have thought they'd never get a chance to see them again.

Did anyone else get the same scam email - I was fooled for a few minutes but the more closely I read it, the more unlikely it sounded. These Scammers really must learn proper grammar for a start

Dear Led Zeppelin fan,

The registration ballot for Led Zeppelin Live concert at London's 02 Arena is now closed!

Congratulations! We are proud to inform you that your email address was selected randomly by our Lottery computer as a winning application form to the Led Zeppelin ticket distribution lottery! The legendary rock group will perform for the first time in 19 years at a tribute concert for the latefounder of Atlantic Records, Ahmet Ertegun.

NOW YOU HAVE A UNIQUE CHANCE TO BE THERE!

You as the owner of the winning email address are entitled to buy official tickets to this unique event.

In accordance with the Event Terms & Conditions you will have 24 hours from the time at which you read this email to submit to us the information's required below. You can read more about Our Terms & Conditions at www.ahmettribute.com/privacy.html

In order to purchase your tickets you must replay to this email, with the following information:

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><
PERSONAL INFORMATION:

Full name:
Address:
City:
District:
Email:
Phone:
ORDER INFORMATION:
(chose what kind of tickets you want to buy and what quantity)

VIP Front Blocks:
VIP Seating:
Front Third Seating:
Reserved Seats Front Half:
General Reserved Seats:
PREFERRED METHOD OF PAYMENT:
(please choose only one method of payment)

Cash (in person at our offices):
Bank Transfer:
Instant Money Transfer:

IMPORTANT: Due recent cheque and credit cards fraud attempts we require full payment only by Cash(at our offices), Bank Transfer or Instant Money Transfer.

If you have any questions please fell free to contact us by email or check our FAQ page at www.ahmettribute.com/faq.html

Henry Loyds, sales consultant
(ahmet.tribute.05@gmail.com)
-----------------------------
Ahmet Tribute Limited
c/o Artiste Management Productions
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You receive this email from Ahmet Tribute Limited, a company incorporated in England, company number 6366935.
Your privacy is important to Us. We treat it, and any information that you give to Us, with as much care as possible.
We recognise that the Registration Information and the information that you send to us is personal data for the purposes of the UK Data Protection Act 1988 and We hereby acknowledge that We shall treat the Registration Information and all other information that you give Us in accordance with this Act.
If you no longer wish to receive emails from US, send a blank email to unsubscribe_me@ahmettribute.com

"This Is A Great Life This Life Of Music" - Ahmet Ertegun - 1923-2006