Lee Jackson Preamp

cobhc

Amiga Enthusiast
Oct 30, 2003
Nottingham, England.
Anybody interested in buying mine off of me, had enough of the trying to be alexi thing.........prolly gonna get a 5150 instead, anyone wanna make an offer? p.s Thilo and bobvex just out of interest what year are your lee jacksons?

i got rid of mine, it sucked. Id rather go with a CAE 3 channel deal. Or an ADA MP-1, or a Marshall JMP-1(btw Marshal jacked their prices up 30% so watch your deals).

Well theres 2 diff years that gp-1000's were made 87 was a fender mod and 88 upwards was a marshall mod, so naturally the 88 mod will sound better, unfortunately i have the 87 model, and i guess you did too bob, i think thilo may have the 88 or higher version as he seems happy with his tone, maybe he can clear this up for me, its the last two digits of the serial number which tell you the year.

cobhc said:
Well theres 2 diff years that gp-1000's were made 87 was a fender mod and 88 upwards was a marshall mod, so naturally the 88 mod will sound better, unfortunately i have the 87 model, and i guess you did too bob, i think thilo may have the 88 or higher version as he seems happy with his tone, maybe he can clear this up for me, its the last two digits of the serial number which tell you the year.

well i guess i had the fender one, but it didn't SOUND like a fender. it just sounded like a low gain JCM 800. I don't remember the serial number on mine, but i have something a ton beter now, and in mind.

a triamp in good condition is about 900 euros I'd say.
but great amp btw!! got one on my own, if you need any further information feel free to pm. one of the best amps there is IMO, and surely one of the best looking.

@cobhc; I thought you had enough of that? :lol:
now gavin hates you again... ;)

Hi everybody!
Two different versions? I'll have to check that out...
Well, I'm quite satisfied with the Lee Jackson, but its very thin (somebody here heard the last songs from Craydawn? btw. are they dead?). I will try the ENGL 520 next.
In my opinion the Roope/Alexi has nothing to do with the JE-1000 electronics. You just need some distortion.
If you want to here my LJ Sound, together with a custom-made amp from Crace (I'm sure nobody of you will know Crace) check this http://seduction.eson.de/site/cms/download.php?url=../../downloads/for_her_majesty.mp3" . The solo is played only with the Lee Jackson. I hope you'll enjoy it!

Thilo said:
Hi everybody!
Two different versions? I'll have to check that out...
Well, I'm quite satisfied with the Lee Jackson, but its very thin (somebody here heard the last songs from Craydawn? btw. are they dead?). I will try the ENGL 520 next.
In my opinion the Roope/Alexi has nothing to do with the JE-1000 electronics. You just need some distortion.
If you want to here my LJ Sound, together with a custom-made amp from Crace (I'm sure nobody of you will know Crace) check this http://seduction.eson.de/site/cms/download.php?url=../../downloads/for_her_majesty.mp3" . The solo is played only with the Lee Jackson. I hope you'll enjoy it!

That lead sound is actually pretty cool, what poweramp are you using thilo?

Thilo said:
Thanks. I use an ENGL Poweramp, on the recording the newest but the smaller one.

ok, cool man, i'm having problems with a load of buzzing on my lee jackson on the distortion channel, but it's ok on the clean channel, any ideas? bad tubes?

TIP-Doppelkeks said:
what's your poweramp cobhc?

lol! im running it into my combo amp on the clean channel, thats probably part of the reason, but it shouldnt be as bad as it is where i cant make out notes cos of noise should it?