Lee Jackson Preamp

Ben_V said:
hey, I have an GP1000 I´m looking to get rid of, anyone interested can mail me
at ben.amoral(at)mail.com. I´m thinking 450e, but there´s always room for bargaining :) the tubes are brand new, and the condition of the preamp is also good, only a little rack rash. I need some quick cash for an upcoming trip, otherwise I´d love to keep it, the lead sound in particular is great...

450 bucks? I payed 150 and 200 for mine.
Btw., I have an 87 and an 88, but they sound quite similar. I asked Lee via email, but he didn't answer up to now.

150e for a GP-1000?!? Wow, here in Finland they´re pretty rare, and 450 is pretty much the average price if you happen to find one... I don´t know, maybe it´s because they´ve always been popular here, since Stone used them already in the late 80´s... :) But yeah, I`d sell it for 350.

not having any probs with the preamp anymore now, and it dont sound thin or weak to me, and thats even running through my combo amp...........LOL........need to get myself a poweramp badly, cos i know this thing is gonna rock when setup properly.

I have the same set up. I have the 5150 and the Marshall 1960a/b 300 watt cab. Make sure you get the 5150 with the block EVH instead of the signature, i think the block letters sound a lot better. They are hard to find though... IT sounds great, when you get it and you want some tweaking check here:
Pre Gain on Distortion channel - 5-7
Post Gain ^ - any its the volume, i never go higher then 7 though, but thats only at shows
Bass - 6-8
Mid's- 3-4
Treble 4-6
ressonance 10
pressence 10

Abrasive-X said:
peavey fucking sucks
i fucking hate the horrible sounds that come out of those piece of shit :O

Correction - Peavey Solid State Sucks. Anything Tube by peavey is acually really awesome. Just listen to the JSX, XXX, 5150, XXL, and the new amp that is replacing the name on the 5150.

cobhc said:
bob/thilo, you guys ever try your lee jacksons with the je-1000 and a j50-bc?
I have a non USA j50 BC (it's not for sale) and a JE-1000 but the JE is missing a pot. i need to have it repaired and rewired with modern materials.

yeh, im beginning to think that Janne was right when he said that only the j50bc plus je1000 sounds good thru it, all my other guitars sound shit thru it.