left handed woes

professorlamp

I are Joe
Nov 2, 2009
Wales, United Kingdom
I'll try and put this in the least confusing way as possible. Recently i've been ogeling the danelectro dc59 because a) they're cheap but the good kind of cheap and b) they look the bizz.
but anyway my real predicament comes here...

I'm left handed (hence the title) and live in the UK.
This guitar is only available as a lefty in the usa with a pricetag of $400 (not too bad) and then another $110 for postage :mad:

now considering the same guitar right handed in the UK goes for £169 this leaves me pretty pissed and unsure of what to do. Also the fact that I want it in a different colour doesn't help the situation, So im wondering whether I should really just take the plunge and get the massively overpriced one from the USA (although this completely defeats the point of it)
.Basically, I want a twangy as fuck guitar that isnt a strat with either , P90 picups or lipstick/singlecoils.

I'd like a more unconventional shape aswell, im really sick and tired of seeing strats/superstrats/v's/teles etc...
basically.. I WANT THAT GUITAR!

Anyway mini rant over, if any of you guys can suggest something adequate please do :)

Don't get the Danelectro dude, they are made by JHS and they play like total shite. My mate bought one on a wim instead of a squier tele and the squier is made better that this axe. It won't stay in tune on top on the fact is horrible to play and sounds under par too. Don;t do it dude!

I bought a lite ash tele and its not perfect but its got seymours pickups and its lovely and twang-tastic. The highway one tele is better made but the pick ups aren't as good. Go for a tele, or maybe a fender ja-90. its worth paying a bit more.

Yer it is worth paying more, but i heard the danelectros were the cheap ones that were good so thought i was onto something, but judging by what you said I was wrong :lol:
I do want a tele aswell but that's at the back of my GAS list right now, and it would definitely be a mexican one I think. Being a lefty sucks :(

Early this year I was GASing for something different so I bought a Classic Vibe Tele - great investment and a great guitar. Have played it more than any of my other guitars since I bought it. It met my twang needs very well. I may buy a second one soon since Squire has put out the 2010 models which include this beauty:

Squier-Classic-Vibe-Telecaster-Custom-3TSB_4.jpg

This is the one I bought earlier this year:

SquierClassicVibeTelecaster007_sm.jpg

I'm a Tele nut and the Vintage Vibes Jind posted are awesome, but if you want some roaring P90 action, I highly recommend the Jim Adkins model:

Fender-JA-90-Jim-Adkins-Chrimson-Red-Transparent.jpg

Or, if the budget is tighter, the Squire Custom Tele:

1-036-036012-Squier-Tele-Custom-II.jpg

Hey, we're not to blame for your disability. ;)

But yeah, when it comes to instruments it sucks being a lefty. You always have less choices but you generally pay more.

i know how you feel man, it's really fucked up being lefty and havin the desire to get "non standard" guitars.
get a mexico tele, they are really nice guitars!

cheers
S.

Sorry to pooh pooh your plan dude, just I was gonna buy one of these as a second guitar as the guitarist from Mew uses a vintage baritone one live and it sounds amazing but I'm happy I got to spent a bit of time with my mates one and realise its short comings as a usable bit of kit. I' happy a bought a second hand Mex Strat for £340 and now I'm actually using it more than my tele as I can get close to the tele with the strat but then the strat has that mean blusey neck pick up which gets me everytime. Might even sell the tele....:loco:

....This is very metal is it for the sneap forum hehe :lol: Just bought my old Peavey Wolfgang back off a mate, now thats F**king metal!

I suddenly had a thought - sort of those Windows 7 moments in the advertisements on TV :) Rondo (the folks behind Agile and other makes), make a bunch of left handed guitars and almost everyone speaks to their quality for price points. As an example - I own an SX series project strat, that was dirt cheap but quite nice. So anyways - I looked over at the site and they have some that may interest you:

http://www.rondomusic.com/ad201vwhleft.html

ad201vwhite5left.jpg

Hell they even have a sweet 7 string lefty telecaster:

http://www.rondomusic.com/T7NATLEFT.html

t7nat1left.jpg

Just a thought - look in their lefty section (yes, they have a section for only lefties!)

If you want something a *little* different from the normal fender, look at G&L. I don't know if you really want to go down that route, but the are excellent guitars. I love mine.

Do you have an American or an import model? I'm asking because I've tried a "nice" Tribute Asat Legacy the other day and was rather unpleasantly surprised at second look. The set-up was horrible, they didn't even properly file the nut at the factory. Intonation nightmare!

I really hope that was just a lemon, because I had heard nothing but good things about G&L in the past and I still very much want that Cantrell model.

its further proof the welsh are backwards again.... :D

Dude, you know if you dont get it marked down to $50, they will cain you for an extra 22% of the guitars value? :( Aka $88 more again, the jews!

I can walk back as fast as you can :D

22%!?
that's crazy, dayumm may just not skrimp and get myself a tele or a hagstrom with P90's. Either way that tax is too expensive to justify.