Left HS80 constantly fizzing :/

RichMinerva

New Metal Member
Jul 27, 2009
hey guys i have an imac i7 27 inch and a profire 2626 obviously connected via firewire,

i get a lot of interference when im just listening back to music or even if im not there this constant fizz and crackle, initially i thought it was my left monitor so i bought new ones and it continued.

i have no idea what it could be.

any help or advice would be appreciated

it seems to crackle when im on a webpage, how do i get rid of this whining sound now? resolder that ground?

it seems to crackle when im on a webpage, how do i get rid of this whining sound now? resolder that ground?

Sounds exactly what me and someone else from here (forgot the name) had with the iMac+HS80 combo, and disconnecting the ground helped on both occasions. Sorry it didn't do the trick for you. Did you make sure the shield isn't touching the connector anymore?

It was me who had the same problem with it and then told Jarkko about the ground thing. Worked here. What I also noticed is, I plug the headphone out on the back of my iMac into the alt source on my Digi 002 and if I have a Pro Tools session open at the same time as I'm listening to music via iTunes, then I get that noise.

I'd maybe try swapping the cables over to see if you get the same issue. The problem me and Jarrko have is related to the Firewire port on the iMacs. Did a lot of reading as it was super frustrating. Then my housemate came in and said "sounds like you've got a ground loop problem there, try cutting the ground wire" bam! gone!

I've had noise problems when using firewire and integrated wifi (on PC). My solution was to get a usb wifi device and I've been good since.

Try doing audio with your wifi disabled and see if the problem remains. Have you tried other monitors/phones or messed with sample rate and all that BS?

hey guys, i changed the lead and it settled down a bit then started again so im wondering wether or not it has something to do with my airport card. ill try some new things