Legend Of Zelda: TWW?

It was great up until you had to find the Triforce shards. That was just boring item hunting, and a blatant attempt to artificially lengthen the game. Overall, though, it's still quite a good game.

TrevJ said:
It was great up until you had to find the Triforce shards. That was just boring item hunting, and a blatant attempt to artificially lengthen the game. Overall, though, it's still quite a good game.
Spot on. I stopped playing the game for about a week when I got to the Triforce shard part.

TrevJ said:
wow...I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one. I haven't played it since I got that part many many many months ago...

The whole "find the coded map/get a bunch of money/decode the map/find the shard" deal was such a boring task...I got sick of making money to have the maps decoded.

Before that, I thought it was a damn good game. Felt like a Zelda game :)

TrevJ said:

This made me laugh. I stopped playing once I got to this part and now my Gamecube is broken so I won't be able to play it for a while.

Still, it is a fun game from what I've played, just not as good as Ocarina of Time. Obviously. ;)

Yeah, I got kinda bored doing all the stuff with the Triforce shards so i cheated and just looked up where they were.

I was one of many that pre-ordered it and got the Ocarina Of Time/ Ocarina of Time Master Quest. The dungeons in the Master Quest are a lot harder AND it is every bit as fun as it was when it first came out.

Edgecrusher said:
Yeah, I got kinda bored doing all the stuff with the Triforce shards so i cheated and just looked up where they were.

I was one of many that pre-ordered it and got the Ocarina Of Time/ Ocarina of Time Master Quest. The dungeons in the Master Quest are a lot harder AND it is every bit as fun as it was when it first came out.

Yeah, I looked up the Triforce shard part too. It's the only part of the game I needed help on. I didn't pre-order it though. There's a different version of OoT? Dude, I've got to get my hands on that. Maybe I could get a ROM off the 'Net. :D

TrevJ said:
^^

Toolbox said:
Yeah, I looked up the Triforce shard part too. It's the only part of the game I needed help on. I didn't pre-order it though. There's a different version of OoT? Dude, I've got to get my hands on that. Maybe I could get a ROM off the 'Net. :D
The Master Quest is the same game, only the dungeons are set up different.

I thought the triforce part was kinda fun actually, I found a few myself but then i looked up the rest, i think.
I liked the beginning of the alternate OoT, the 3 dungeons when you're a kid were re-mixed really well, and the forest temple was good too. but the rest of the temples i didn't like. the water and fire only use about half the rooms and especially water, there is one part that took me like an hour to figure out. The temples just didn't seem to flow after that, they seemed so random. but now i'm temped to play it again :p

i have a bit of a problem.

I bought a strategy guide to help find all the treasure maps. According to it, treasure chart #1 is located in the Forbidden Forest dungeon, in the basement, in the northern-most room.

Problem is, I have been to that room, opened that particular chest, yet I don't have chart #1. Does anyone know if there is an alternate location? I've read that there were some slight differences between the American and Japanese versions, perhaps this strategy guide was based on the Japanese game?