Legions In Hiding?

Nice try, redfly! I guess most people are on Facebook these days which is sad. This forum used to be much more popular 7-10 years ago (although not as much as those of certain bands who sell much less records, but whose forums turned into gossip boards).

I, myself, although not a FB user, haven't posted anything in weeks. Too much work, too many parties. Glad to see that you, Neptune, Pascal and anomynous are carrying the flag. I promise to improve. Any new album news and/or recording studio clips would be helpful.

Well, I got the idea from the Anthrax board.guess what?! They fuckin signed in!

No such thing as too many parties my man lol!

And it would help a lot if they would put something out,anything. For managing bands now you would think Chuck would do a little bit for his own band!

I'm pretty sure I'll always be here lol
And yes thanks to Pascal and Anonymous,Neptune and yourself for being here!

If it worked elsewhere, I'm all for it.

As for Chuck - yeah, that would be logical. However, it is not uncommon that when you do something professionally (for a living) for other people you have problems finding the time/motivation to do it for yourself, no matter if you're a band manager, a cook, a tax adviser, a cleaner or whatever and how good/passionate you're about your work. How does the saying go? The shoemaker's children are ill-shod?

Yeah, but definitely either Chuck or the other guys (btw what's Gene status in the band?) or, especially, their management should think about building up some tension and throw the world some new album teasers. I'm afraid they're not too advanced with the whole process, to be honest. Eric busy with DL, Alex with Metal Allegiance, SDG with a bunch of different projects, Gene the same, Chuck selling his vaporizers, Breaking Bands, boating, golfing, hunting and whatnot. I wouldn't be surprised if early 2016 turned into mid-2016, even if that first period alone is way delayed as compared to earlier announcements and, in particular, expectations.

Didn't chuck say they were only half into the new one still at this point?

Yeah, something like that. And that was only what 2-3 months ago? Not much has happened since then probably, except maybe in Eric's head (unless he's stealing the riffs for Dragonlord :)

I've tried my best to carry the flag on these forums but I have to admit that I've been reading and posting here less and less. I recall Chuck Billy once posting on this forum when the original members reformed and started touring but I haven't seen a single post from any band member since which is kind of pathetic to say the least. I don't think the band reads what's posted here so I've lost interest and I can see this forum likely getting shutdown in the near future. Everything has transitioned to facebook, twitter, and instagram.

But cheers to you guys who have kept this old school forum alive! I think you guys know me by now. I love this band and I'm really into stirring shit up with regards to their album sales, successful tours and tour rumors. I care about how well the band is doing and I like the fact they've gained back some popularity and are packing in the venues. It's a feel good story and dream come true.

As Eric loves to say, Life's Hard but Testament is Harder!

very well put man,I'll be here to the end my friends 👊

I'll always check in here on this site. Anthrax & Testament are two of my favorites. Even though the population is small (especially on the Testament side) it's a good place to post.

If it worked elsewhere, I'm all for it.

As for Chuck - yeah, that would be logical. However, it is not uncommon that when you do something professionally (for a living) for other people you have problems finding the time/motivation to do it for yourself, no matter if you're a band manager, a cook, a tax adviser, a cleaner or whatever and how good/passionate you're about your work. How does the saying go? The shoemaker's children are ill-shod?

Yeah, but definitely either Chuck or the other guys (btw what's Gene status in the band?) or, especially, their management should think about building up some tension and throw the world some new album teasers. I'm afraid they're not too advanced with the whole process, to be honest. Eric busy with DL, Alex with Metal Allegiance, SDG with a bunch of different projects, Gene the same, Chuck selling his vaporizers, Breaking Bands, boating, golfing, hunting and whatnot. I wouldn't be surprised if early 2016 turned into mid-2016, even if that first period alone is way delayed as compared to earlier announcements and, in particular, expectations.

Fully expecting the announcement that Gene's left the band, especially if Dark Angel kicks into high gear. I guess we'll find out with that cannibal corpse South American tour next month.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/testament-taps-battlecross-drummer-alex-bent-for-upcoming-shows/

Glad to see everybody's posts. As for Gene - well, if that happens, it will be a huge disappointment for me. No disrespect for Alex Bent, but the band has had many better drummers and deserves better, to be honest. At first, I was surprised with how long Gene had stuck with the band until I kinda got used to thinking of him as of a member. He really is the man for this job and, let's be honest, DA will never have even a quarter of Testament's success. Don't get me wrong, I like their music, but find it hard to imagine they could fully regain their past form and popularity, let alone bring them to the next level. I know he does what he thinks is best for his career and finances, but the whole Dethklok thing is a joke. It seems that with Testament he could create something unique, if only Eric let him have some impact on the new material (I don't know if he did). Anyway, still hope they can work things out (or rather Gene can change his mind) and I sure hope the band can keep Steve at least. With no hopes for Greggy returning anytime soon, I don't see a bassist capable of doing the job. With drummers we can always see the return of Tempesta, Dette, Allen, Lombardo, Bostaph, Jacobs or others, whereas I can't imagine anyone else on bass than GC or SDG.

It certainly makes the "working with Alex Bent on the new album" thing make sense. It was mentioned in the other thread.

Dethkolk was one of the best shows I've ever been to, but that's pretty much done. Doubt Gene's focusing on that.

So you think DA will be his focus now? Plus some potboiler stuff to pay the bills? Who knows. I love Time Does Not Heal to death, but I still think Testament has 10 times more potential than DA and is a better place to be for a musician. On the other hand, he certainly doesn't get to pull too many strings in Testament, quite unlike in DA.

As for the Alex Bent quote you mentioned - that's what I'm afraid of. Maybe they're working with him, but someone else will get to record the album.

Possibly, but it's apparently Alex Bent left Battlecross, so 2 + 2 might = 4.

Would be funny though given what Zetro said in some interview I listened to a while back about Hatriot. Bent was the original drummer, and Zetro said they parted ways because he wasn't focused enough on Hatriot (because he's in a bunch of bands) and wouldn't get anywhere.

Hey guys! Been sick.

Glad to see you all here :)

Yes oneman, on the Anthrax site people who hadn't posted in years still signed in! I see the views lol.
I just wanted a "here!" nothing major. I don't get the FB thing.I mean I guess it's great if want to surf through pictures.
But I feel like THIS is where you really talk about the band and music.But hey it's all cool.I know they're out there!

I sure as hell hope Gene isn't out! I'm sick of this shit.If he's out I say Lombardo and call it done!

They need to put something out!!!!

Hey guys! Been sick.

Glad to see you all here :)

Yes oneman, on the Anthrax site people who hadn't posted in years still signed in! I see the views lol.
I just wanted a "here!" nothing major. I don't get the FB thing.I mean I guess it's great if want to surf through pictures.
But I feel like THIS is where you really talk about the band and music.But hey it's all cool.I know they're out there!

I sure as hell hope Gene isn't out! I'm sick of this shit.If he's out I say Lombardo and call it done!

They need to put something out!!!!

Ditto!:kickass:
Hope you are well. This part of the year is the worst health-wise.

I don't think Gene Hoglan is going anywhere. I read an interview not too long ago where he mentioned to Testament in advance that he wouldn't be able to perform at Heavy MTL and in Denver along with possibly a few other one-off shows. If he's not sitting behind the kit on the Corpse tour in Latin America then I'd be concerned but I highly doubt that. Gene seems very happy in Testament and he's a perfect fit.

No disrespect to Alex Bent but I saw the show in Heavy MTL and it just didn't feel the same without Gene sitting behind the kit. His stage presence is just at another level. Gene is the atomic clock. He really is a dream machine and one could easily make the argument he is the best metal drummer in the world.