legions of the dead by testament

livingtodie

Mar 24, 2004
i love this song, Legions of the dead.
but the problem is Testament doesn't really follow the formula that
they did for this song, this song was the only reason i bought their album,
but all the other songs on the album excluding DNR wasn't so satisfying.
So if you know any, please recommend me some bands or songs that has that brutally fast technical formula in the likes of legions of the dead.
thanks for all suggestions.

Dude

Have you heard Fall Of Sipledome off the same album. That is just as brutal as Legions Of The Dead.

Check out the album 'The Legacy' which to me is their most brutal,fast and thrashy album. 'The New Order' has nothing on 'The Legacy'.

Dodens Grav said:
The Legacy destroys The New Order.

I agree. And Legions of The Dead was the first song I heard from The Gathering, and I had high expectations. Plus having James Murphy on it was a plus. Yet, the rest of the album was complete dogshit, and Murphy was sorely underutilized.

James Murphy barely solos on 'The Gathering'. It's disapointing but strange at the same time. You wonder if he even jamed with the band once for album preperation. I know he probably wrote the leads on his own, it sounds like he said 'fuck it' though. He's THEE james murphy, he can't just do a half assed attempt.

Edgecrusher said:
First Strike STILL Deadly is better in my book. Especially with Souza on vocals on "Alone in the Dark".
and THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is a strong contender for the most unnecessary album ever in my book. It fucking pisses me off.

I don't see a problem with it since The New Order's production is weak. I like the original recordings on 'The Legacy' more than the re-recordings though. They should have re-recorded 'The New Order' and just left stuff from 'The Legacy' alone.

I hate the production on The Legacy but I still prefer it to The New Order.

First Strike Still Deadly was a great album as it sounds far more aggressive with Chuck growling rather than shrieking.

Yup, First Strike Still Deadly is those kind of best-ofs that are really good, while the rest don't really worth it. (not to mention Testament has a shitload of best-of)